Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Guys lets put up a list of what we wish in tixati
Page 3 of 9     <<<1234567>>>
by Guest on 2014/07/11 07:58:14 PM    
I do rename and then save the new torrent, but then that changes the folder name.  And when you go to reload the torrent, event if the .torrent file is a new name, the torrent file references the old folder name always.

About backup proggies ... what do you mean?  I don't need to backup the data, I just need to find a way to modify the .torrent file so that I can reload them with the new folder name, and still connect to the same seeds and peers after reload (without needing to rename the folder again to the old name).

Does that make sense?  I know that this may not even be possible, I was just wondering.  Some torrents have horrible names and you'd never know what it was by just looking at the .torrent/folder name.
by Sailor24 on 2014/07/12 03:57:43 PM    
You can't change the torrent or it will change the hash and be a new torrent.
by TheArkive on 2014/07/12 08:17:36 PM    
Yah that's what I thought ... oh well... thanks for the info.
by John on 2014/07/14 02:27:52 PM    
When is the new version coming? I just can't wait to get my hands on it! =)

Cheers,
John
by Guest on 2014/07/15 05:07:22 PM    
My needs are simple. I will admit I don't fully understand peer to peer networking and similar stuff. Despite this Tixati still makes mostly sense to me. Been using it now for 2 - 3 years, and it just does its stuff. Great programme. One minor request, when altering the queuing, moving up or down queue having to re-select the file each time you want to move up/down is annoying. A 'sticky' key would be great!
Otherwise I'd just say keep up the good work!! :-)
RB
by Sailor24 on 2014/07/18 07:21:59 PM    
Simply select it and drag it up.
by The Old Gringo on 2014/07/19 03:06:25 AM    
Hello good people & a special hello to Sailor24 for all the help he gave me with my poor Telecomm based signal.
I have no idea if this concept is even feasible, but instead of a numerical upload limit make it a percentage.  All to frequently, I'm seeing someone with a completion percentile far greater than mine, their at 95% while I'm at 3%.  Then I look at the dl/ul and the numbers are way off kilter, they're dl (giving) 150Bps but ul (taking) 5.00Kbs.  I have used the (per suggested) ul ratio of 80% and when I see someone taking the "Prime Rib", but serving up Peanuts.  It pure and simple pisses me off!
by Wiccio on 2014/07/21 12:31:35 PM    
I don't know if this thread is read by developers, in any case below I listed a couple of implementations that, as a new user like I am, I'd like to use:

1. Multilingual translations (in case I can work for the Italian);
2. Among the list of peers I would like to see the name of the client used by the various peers.

Oh, I'll add another point:

3. When you choose to delete a file from transfers, I wish that I was asked if I want to cancel the only torrent (leaving the file in the download folder) or if I want to delete the torrent also including the related files currently downloaded.

P.S. there isn't a Find button in the forum?
by Guest on 2014/07/21 02:24:08 PM    
Only thing I wish is a prettier UI but with functionality intact.  I prefer functionality over the UI but since it really can't get much better imo, I suppose maybe they should aim for a prettier UI.
by Pete on 2014/07/22 06:32:05 PM    
"2. Among the list of peers I would like to see the name of the client used by the various peers."

On Transfers view go to: Layout > Select Columns > Peers View tab, and enable Clients column.

"3. When you choose to delete a file from transfers, I wish that I was asked if I want to cancel the only torrent (leaving the file in the download folder) or if I want to delete the torrent also including the related files currently downloaded."

On Transfers view select torrents to delete, then press the Remove button (don't use Remove from context menu). There are two options available: "Remove" and "Remove And Delete Local Files".
by Guest on 2014/07/23 01:30:46 PM    
Hi Pete. Yeah, yeah, I know this but:

2. client's names are not visible by default in the "client" column; to view it I must necessarily select torrent from the transfers file > open the detail > open the detail of the term "peers"... is quite uncomfortable. If I could have the client's names in the column "client" always visible would be ideal.
3. exists both ways, yes, but are located in two different parts: right-click on the torrent > "Local files" > "Delete" to delete the torrent including the downloaded file and right-click on the torrent > "Remove" to delete only the torrent. It wouldn't be more intuitive to have them one under the other? Or you could just have only a "Remove" button that, when clicked, a MessageBox asks to me if I'm going to delete the torrent or even the downloaded file.

Let me know what do you think about.
by Pete on 2014/07/24 06:34:31 PM    
There are two Client columns available, one on Transfers View and the other on Peers View. The first one is interesting only if you use the Tree View or the Split Dl/Seed View, there's a comment: "(Peers in Tree)" next to it. The second one is intended to use with Tab View, which is the default layout setting.

If you'd like to see peers in main Transfers window, set Tree View and enable Clients (Peers in Tree) column. At the bottom of the Layout menu you can set which transfer's details will be visible for expanded transfers, their order and sorting method used. For example you can set Peers to be merged, so they will be visible just after expanding a transfer.
by Wiccio on 2014/07/31 06:53:03 PM    
1. For multilingual translations you could use Launchpad.net. You know Launchpad?
2. Very good, thanks Pete, it works! :)
3. No problem if you can't move the entries as I was advising. I (and all other users with the same doubt during the first use) I'll get used!
by John on 2014/08/02 03:05:36 PM    
When is the new Tixati coming out? I can't wait any longer. :'-(

Please, release it soon, I don't think that I can download torrents efficiently anymore.

Also, it will be good to implement some optimisations like BitComet, so we can download at maximum speed. The current Tixati 1.96 has it speed constantly varying, even with optimal settings.
by rzainaddin on 2014/08/02 04:04:41 PM    
Maybe it is little funny,

but can tixati download specific part of the torrent, let's say torrent has 100 pieces and would like to download from 20 to 35 pieces. and ignore the other,  

And one thing ,more. if you download movie. can you arrange with special tools to separate the audio from video and download only video or audio.

I think technically it can but in real live I Do not know.

And again by default while it is there, you are not loosing any thing if you make sequential and first and last,
by Guest on 2014/08/03 03:24:25 AM    
Multi Threading. Tixati is unresponsive when allocation files and download speeds suffer majorly thus I am forced to conclude that the whole client runs on a single thread.

Also, aside from the May '14 update, is there any indication of ongoing development?
by Guest on 2014/08/03 05:30:26 AM    
A way to remove multiple transfer from view. Right clicking on each transfer to remove from view is too consuming and tedious. Other then that I love tixati
by Pete on 2014/08/03 09:09:15 PM    
You can remove multiple transfers by selecting them while holding shift or ctrl key, then remove selected transfers.
by John on 2014/08/04 12:13:29 AM    
Multi Threading. Tixati is unresponsive when allocation files and download speeds suffer majorly thus I am forced to conclude that the whole client runs on a single thread.

Yes, Multithreading will be a great feature.

In that way Tixati could make use of the whole potential of the quad-core or octa-core processor.
by Guest on 2014/08/04 04:35:36 PM    
Like Pete said:
1. "Maximum peer connections per transfer" settings separate for downloads and uploads
2. more freedom to setting "Maximum peer connections per transfer" - values lower than 25
  and higher than 200
3. some automatic solution for queue stalling
4. possibility of translations to different languages

Especially [3].

Reason:
1. my upload speed only about 40 KB/s and i can't enable all seeds at the same time.
2. i have some old torrents (less seed).

So automatic shift to standby if seed has no peer connect for specified duration will ease my life.
Page 3 of 9     <<<1234567>>>
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server