Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Guys lets put up a list of what we wish in tixati
Page 8 of 9     <<<456789>>>
by John on 2015/05/09 01:51:28 PM    
I found it, thanks Guest.

Layout -> Select Columns -> Description
by Pete on 2015/05/10 10:19:52 AM    
Categories are even better for that, and you can also display them in column.
by John on 2015/06/04 08:24:04 AM    
Feature request:

- ability to Arrange Trackers by Status (ascending or descending) - so if you have a lot of trackers in your torrent you can easily see which one are active and which can be removed (manually).
by Guest on 2015/06/06 02:08:05 AM    
One thing I would like to see is an option to exit the program when a specific file finishes. As in, the ability to right click a current download and select 'shut down on finish'. To me this seems like an obvious feature, but I may be in the minority.
by John on 2015/06/20 11:10:45 AM    
Feature request:

- Please add option for Manually Adding Peers.

This should be present as a Right-click option in the window of the Peers tab of a torrent task.
by SRIGGA on 2015/06/20 01:45:15 PM    
hellow it's me SRIGGA here Again, I was Wondering Will tixati Bring the Drag And Drop Option for Creating Torrents For uploading?
it is really frustrating for a Uploader like me Who create 10 to 20 torrents every 4 hours. please Tixati team Next update please Bring drag and Drop Option for uploading. It will make lots of uploaders life easy and saves lots of time.

One more thing... when i try to Seed like let's say 400 Torrents that i created for uploading and i am trying to Seed all 400 torrents at the Same time, not all the torrents are been Seeded. most for the torrents says waiting to Connect. that's a  problem tixati Has with seeding, please do something about it.
by Guest on 2015/06/20 04:59:01 PM    
How can i add peers manually to a torrent ? (i didn't found it)
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/20 11:48:03 PM    
you can already add peers.

http://i.imgur.com/3NzXebu.png
by Guest on 2015/06/23 02:56:15 PM    
How to use tixati on Raspberry Pi? (ARM Linux)
by PeterB on 2015/06/25 08:48:27 AM    
When I last looked at Tixati, I think that it was on V1.9x.  At that time I posted to ask for a server/client configuration - has this happened in v2?  I can find no reference to server/client in any description of features or in the Help & Support area.

My headless server is running 24/7 - my desktop machines get turned on and off.  As far as I'm aware, there are only two options for server/client - Transmission and Deluge (I currently use Deluge).  I would dearly love to be able to use Tixati ... if only it would support server/client.
by Cop on 2015/06/25 09:59:21 AM    
Automatically focus window based on mouse movement instead of clicking.
by kosmik2001 on 2015/06/28 01:08:55 AM    
(sorry for my english)
"Requesting a Feature!"

Add to "Settings: Local files -> Default Download Location" option to specify the relative path to save the downloaded torrent. in example - ".\" or "$Torrent_file_dir_location\.". Relative in relation to the directory where the file to be added torrent.
---
This is a very simplified to add a torrent, if each of them sorted into directories, but not in the same folder.
by John on 2015/06/28 04:13:52 PM    
When I last looked at Tixati, I think that it was on V1.9x. At that time I posted to ask for a server/client configuration - has this happened in v2? I can find no reference to server/client in any description of features or in the Help & Support area.

My headless server is running 24/7 - my desktop machines get turned on and off. As far as I'm aware, there are only two options for server/client - Transmission and Deluge (I currently use Deluge). I would dearly love to be able to use Tixati ... if only it would support server/client.

PeterB - that is a good idea, but until Tixati is able to do this, it is better to use Transmission for a headless server.

Deluge is full of spyware, just like uTorrent, BitTorrent, FrostWire and Bitcomet.

The only independant pure torrent clients are Tixati, Transmission and qBittorrent.

Also - avoid downloading programs from SourceForge - it is adding adware and other suspicious code to the installers of the programs it hosts.
by Nameless on 2015/06/28 08:02:02 PM    
For the torrent tab view layout, in the "Select Columns - Transfers View" section, I'd like a tab for "Tracker Status," that shows how much time is left before a tracker refresh. Right now, I have to keep going back and forth between the Peers and Trackers tabs while in the torrent tab view layout in order to see it.
by PeterB on 2015/07/02 02:20:06 PM    
Sorry to be going OT, but I don't know how else to respond to John (I can find no pm facility on this board):

John, I thank you for your advice.  However, I am surprised at your comment about deluge being "full of spyware".

As far as I was aware, deluge is open source, and those sources are compiled/built by the package maintainer for the distro I use - does it really get built with spyware included?

I was using tranmission but found it lacking in some areas, so switched to deluge.
by Guest on 2015/07/04 07:02:23 PM    
As far as I was aware, deluge is open source, and those sources are compiled/built by the package maintainer for the distro I use - does it really get built with spyware included?

No, this is completely unfounded. I don't know why he would say that an OSS project like Deluge carries any type of malware/adware. Tixati is my all time preferred client on any platform, but this is borderline slander and appears to only serve to make Tixati sound more preferable then other clients.
by John on 2015/07/05 10:03:39 AM    
I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or software preferences. I was just sharing my experience.

Almost all of the original developers of Deluge left it (maybe they were forced to leave?) and it is now developed by an educational institution.

Also, PeerBlock blocks the official website of Deluge. Moreover, Deluge is not listed in FossHub.

All this makes me not trust Deluge very much, but it is a question of personal choice after all.

I don't work for Tixati and I've always pointed out its own bugs and missing features whenever I see them, so this is not a one-sided critique.

Just because something is open source does not guarantee it's spyware-free.
by Guest on 2015/07/07 01:42:52 PM    
The same could be said for Tixati, and is even more relevant because there is no source code available for scrutinizing. If the Deluge devs introduced shady code into their client, someone would notice. Its hard to get away with malware in a piece of OSS as popular as Deluge.

No one's feelings are hurt, I'm pointing out statements that are unsubstantiated.

PeerBlock and blocklists are not only useless, but counter-productive in that the lists are consistently outdated, have many false postives and doing a reverse search of the IPs in the list will show that a large portion of them are residential dynamic IPs. Not to mention that PeerBlock and PeerGuardian can potentially slow your connection down because of poorly written network filter driver. Blocklists in torrent clients is also a good way to just waste resources and potentially slow torrent speeds.

Having a space on FossHub means literally nothing. BitComet is hosted on FossHub and has actually gone through controversy, unlike Deluge.

I see nothing of Deluge's development being handed off to an educational institution. The project is managed by 4 people, two of which were part of the original dev team, markybob and andar.

I don't have a problem with your preferences or your opinion of a particular piece of software. I have a problem with the way you're stating your opinion as a fact when, its completely unsubstantiated. It does nothing but spread misinformation.
by John on 2015/07/08 08:51:35 PM    
It's ok, PeterB. Use whichever client you like.

Let's get back on thread:

- Smaller CPU footprint in the next Tixati version - overhead and threading optimisation.

Cheers.
by Guest on 2015/07/10 07:29:12 AM    
I would love the option in Auto Shutdown to be able to keep seeding what i have seeding and when i download something, the option to stop currently downloading when it's finished. That way i can download something i dont want seeded and when it's done it will stop it and continue seeding what I had seeding. Alot of times I find myself grabbing something when I'm on my way to bed and dont want what i'm downloading to be seeded per se, but still want my seeding to take place for private sites where ratio matters. Hopefully that makes sense. Great software, liking it more every day. Will never look back to Utorrent, that's for dang sure. Keep up the good work guys!!
Page 8 of 9     <<<456789>>>
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server