Off Topic
Report problems with the forum itself, or any thing else not specific to Tixati
<<  Back To Forum

IproVPN is the Best Netherlands VPN Provider

by jessicabiel460 on 2021/03/16 01:18:57 PM    
Anyone whose looking for a secure Dutch IP should try IproVPN. It’s a fast and secure Netherlands VPN that offers you an ultra-secure internet experience and unblocks international content.
by notaLamer on 2021/03/17 12:57:19 AM    
This is blatant ads for a malvertised service. Let me explain.

You offer the following connection protocols: IKEv2, L2TP, PTTP, OpenVPN. 2 of them are not secure. Or can you explain to me how the advertised "AES256" encryption works with L2TP?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/windows-security/default-encryption-settings-for-l2tp-ipsec-vpn-client
Don't take my word for it, here Microsoft themselves say that it uses "3DES" for encryption, which is based on the long broken "DES" from the 1970s (sic!) and 3DES is from the 1990s, yet it's too incredibly insecure and broken.

Further, if you care about privacy, why did you embed Google's analytical and tracking services on your website? Do you really want me to believe you care one iota about privacy and that's not just stupid marketing lines?

Or what about the Russia-based VPN servers you have? Conveniently you don't explain the fact that all kinds of Internet Service Providers must capture all traffic and keep it for months as required by law. Are you somehow exempt from the definition of "communications operator" that requires one to retain data for at least 6 months?

I won't be waiting for an answer, because you'll never come back. Last but not least because you have nothing to answer.

My opinion: Don't use this VPN.

PS: Do you offer port-forwarding that's crucial for Bittorrent? You probably don't.
by antonino on 2021/04/02 11:57:12 AM    
I prefer good-old Avast. Works like a charm.
by notaLamer on 2021/04/06 05:24:40 AM    
Oh please. The same Avast that spied on the users to sell their browsing data?
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254397-avast-online-security-and-avast-secure-browser-are-spying-on-you/
by Guest on 2021/04/26 07:15:11 AM    
Hi notaLamer,
What VPN do you use?
by notaLamer on 2021/04/29 02:48:46 AM    
Hey guest. My answer is in this thread, replies #4 and #6: https://forum.tixati.com/support/6946
As a follow up read this port forwarding discussion: https://forum.tixati.com/support/7011
by jingleheimer on 2021/09/13 09:52:44 AM    
If IproVPN has association with 5,9 or 14 Eyes countries then it wont be a wise choice to opt for. The providers that some are related to the mentioned countries are bound to keep logs of their users, that can somehow bit you in the ass in the distant future. The Netherland VPN that I use is Ivacy. It does not keep any logs. It has optimal server allocations around the world for you to enjoy fast internet. It gives you 30-Days money back guarantee and also give out 2 TB encrypted cloud storage for free.
by Guest on 2021/09/14 03:25:24 PM    
The problem isn't an issue of whether your VPN server stores logs. That is irrelevant.

The issue is the Anti-DDOS equipment protecting such Data Center hosting providers can store logs of incoming IP's (For instance YOUR IP)

You should be more worried about that.

There isn't a fully safe solution, my most VPN's have a box you connect to. Let's assume IP=1.2.3.4
You then view the web and leave footprints or filesharing online using the IP number 1.2.3.4

So your home IP connection is linked to 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.4 is linked to P2P. Wow lets be stupid and not think about what can be deduced here. Doh.

Safer option is you connect to a VPN box at 99.98.97.96 (Provider1 CountryA) and behind the scenes you are routed out to 1.2.3.4 (Provider2 CountryB)

Do you see how that seems a much better 'solution' to choose?
by Guest on 2021/09/15 11:53:30 PM    
Guest on 2021/09/14 03:25:24 PM

What you're describing is a double hop VPN.

There isn't a fully safe solution, my most VPN's have a box you connect to. Let's assume IP=1.2.3.4
You then view the web and leave footprints or filesharing online using the IP number 1.2.3.4

So your home IP connection is linked to 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.4 is linked to P2P. Wow lets be stupid and not think about what can be deduced here. Doh.
I agree but for most people who just want to torrent or watch Netflix in another country, using a single hop VPN is good enough. In my opinion, VPNs are kind of pointless for anonymity because you're just shifting the trust to your VPN provider instead of ISP.

If you need anonymity use something like Tor or I2P instead.
by TrevorJackson on 2021/10/03 12:10:54 PM    
Hi! Pro VPN is a good VPN, but I like HOT SPOT and Surfhark better
by Guest on 2021/10/09 08:59:11 PM    
Trevor, all of these VPNs (iProVPN, ProVPN from India, Hotspot Shield, Surfshark) are awful for p2p where you absolutely need port-forwarding support. Stop recommending, let alone mentioning them

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server