Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

3.16 Bugs (WIN)

by Guest on 2023/02/15 01:55:49 PM    
I am updated and notice few bugs, context menu on tray icon may float too high.https://i.imgur.com/XOrjz5N.jpg
File tab have delay(~0.5-1sec) to show list of files at switching torrents.

I am still waiting fix for delay of moving window with higher refresh rate on mouse. And i am waiting solution for updating torrent files if you want to redownload new one without deleting existing files.
by notaLamer on 2023/02/16 10:21:20 AM    
I can confirm the tray icon positioning bug in 3.16 and its gotten worse. Clicked tray icon on monitor 1, the menu appeared in a weird position on monitor 2, probably offset by monitor 2's position on the virtual screen (Windows 7 x64, 100% DPI). This bug has existed in previous versions too when you clicked the Help icon in Tixati for the first time, the icon was offset slightly incorrectly. This only happens once after you started Tixati. Subsequent clicks render in the correct position. I don't remember if it's a bug with Windows because I've seen this happen to Regedit too once though consistently when I found that.

I am still waiting fix for delay of moving window with higher refresh rate on mouse.
The networking is no longer dependent on the GUI, you can interact with the window without speed drops. This is a major improvement and surely required a lot of hard work.
by TX007 on 2023/02/16 10:43:07 AM    
by Guest on 2023/02/15 01:55:49 PM

And i am waiting solution for updating torrent files if you want to redownload new one without deleting existing files.
The old files must have the same names for both torrents, otherwise, you need to rename them first. You only have to set the same download location when adding the new torrent. Tixati will show you a warning about files already existing, click "ok" or "continue". It will check the old files, then will start downloading the new ones.
by Guest on 2023/02/17 06:55:36 PM    
@TX007 yes and after checking files it said what some of them too large(new one) and stop to download, it only starts if i delete them.

@notaLamer main window still slowing to me at dragging.
by notaLamer on 2023/02/18 05:55:30 PM    
main window still slowing to me at dragging.
I wish to elaborate:
- Windows 10 made text rendering VERY slow in one of the updates. This impacted Tixati greatly, the window already wasn't quick to render before and worse still after that update
- Previous Tixati versions would momentarily drop upload speed when you did anything with the window. In other words the networking depended on the window interactions. You moved the window -> it takes long to render -> network drops.

I can move the window without speed drops now. However it did still drop when I opened the settings window, but it's much better now. I can understand this is a problem but I do not understand what everyone is doing with their Tixati windows? I made it start minimized, I see the window once a day maybe and only in its maximized state. I never move it around. Maybe the Windows 10 slowdown is really that much worse.
by Guest on 2023/02/18 10:53:19 PM    
It's just feels strange when i move tixati window.
Here demonstration video, it's a bit extreme moving but believe me delay noticeable even at small moving distance. It is just moving when I released button. And OBS recorded real mouse cursor moving, so you can compare delay.

(Link removed by mod and sent to Devs - Please re-link to a video with filenames blurred out)
by umnin on 2023/02/20 05:52:16 PM    
@TX007 yes and after checking files it said what some of them too large(new one) and stop to download, it only starts if i delete them.

Well. That's because files are not the same and in new torrent files has been changed (like updated pic or something). You can check that with downloading that file to different location and compare byte size or hash.
by Guest on 2023/02/21 04:06:06 PM    
@umnin
That's the problem, if in torrent hundreds files and folders this is really hard to do manually, i thought checking torrent should solve this problem by marking files and redownload what are different, like other torrent clients do. Why do we need to delete files manually or make copy or something? I was used many clients and this is annoying behavior only in tixati.
by TX007 on 2023/02/22 09:11:08 AM    
by Guest on 2023/02/21 04:06:06 PM  
...i thought checking torrent should solve this problem by marking files and redownload what are different, like other torrent clients do. Why do we need to delete files manually or make copy or something? I was used many clients and this is annoying behavior only in tixati.
If Tixati overwrites the old files by default while checking torrents, many users will not accept that behavior. What happens if the old files are better than the new ones?
When they update collections, people should not make such a mess. If they change the files, they must do the same with names.
by Guest on 2023/02/23 08:56:02 AM    
When you adding updated torrent with the same name there is notification what it will overwrite or something, similar to file explorer when you overwriting files, so i don't see the problem. But if you have hundreds files you need to do it manually, every time scan to see -file too large, then go to explorer and delete this file, this is very annoying behavior and there is no good solution for tixati. Only to redownload whole torrent as copy or spend a lot of time to fix it manually. utorrent replacing new files, i don't see the problem with users here. I really do not understand how it should work, if you have notification of old files but it won't overwrite it.
by umnin on 2023/02/24 05:21:33 PM    
That's the problem, if in torrent hundreds files and folders this is really hard to do manually, i thought checking torrent should solve this problem by marking files and redownload what are different, like other torrent clients do. Why do we need to delete files manually or make copy or something? I was used many clients and this is annoying behavior only in tixati.
Lol, what? I have never seen such behaviour. So, let's say, I download pic with torrent. Stop download, remove torrent, close tixati, open explorer and replace pic with 7Gb movie but rename to same name as pic (like '01.jpg' or something). Than I open tixati and add same torrent again. And you suggest that tixati should just "Oh, wrong file where I'm trying to write. Okay. Hmmmmm. JUST OVERRIDE IT WHY NOT LMAO SCREW IT I DON'T CARE". Did I understand your suggestion right?
by Guest on 2023/02/28 08:23:17 PM    
Why are you making example with one file, i already said several times, for example you're downloading the game, or unpacking portable game or program, it contain hundreds files. And in one day the guy what share made an update, it changed few files you need to redownload not all of them, torrent can be 100gb with newest games and apps. The tixati won't download it, it will say what few files too large. How to solve this in easy way without spending tone of time for checking file, searching this file in explorer, delete it, and repeating steps until i found all files, and it starts to download. Deleting whole torrent what may take 100gb not an option!
by TX007 on 2023/03/01 05:10:16 PM    
by Guest on 2023/02/28 08:23:17 PM    
How to solve this in easy way without spending tone of time for checking file, searching this file in explorer, delete it, and repeating steps until i found all files, and it starts to download. Deleting whole torrent what may take 100gb not an option!
I already suggested a workaround for this problem:
https://forum.tixati.com/support/6514

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server