Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

v3.11 Tracker ghost IP ports - Tracker or Tixati Issue?

by Guest on 2022/09/13 01:32:56 PM    
Hi Tixati friends!

I'm seeing a lot of duplicate fake outgoing connections in the 'peers' tab of Tixati v3.11

Examples:

37.120.132.xxx:32132 <- REAL
37.120.132.xxx:33917 <- FAKE (Timed out connecting)

194.32.235.xxx:51413 <- REAL
194.32.235.xxx:54728 <- FAKE (Timed out connecting)

Can somebody please test? I think I have worked out the problem is probably just this tracker, and not Tixati?

Tracker seems to be sending bad information to Tixati or maybe Tixati is not handling the response properly?

The IP's seem valid but the port numbers often there are TWO in the connections list, and one will connect OK (transfer happens) whereas one won't connect at all (no response)

This seems to be the common-factor tracker causing all these issues:

(tracker removed by Mod)

When I removed this above - the problems stopped happening.... Just can't work out if it's a Tixati issue or this tracker is faulty

Thanks
by Guest on 2022/09/13 03:09:47 PM    
if you remove the tracker and everything works fine, i'd lean towards the problem being the tracker.
by notaLamer on 2022/09/17 08:48:44 PM    
My guess the peer is behind NAT. One port is the real local port, the other port is the NAT-ed port (remote port). Thus the local port ends up reported to tracker but is impossible to connect to.
Is the working connection an incoming connection? That means the peer initiated a connection to you and your PC accepted. If yes then this is a strong signal for this to be a NAT issue.
by shag00 on 2022/09/23 12:48:28 AM    
I have the same/similar issue. Tixati reports the same IP address with a different port number for multiple connections.
by MartyMartin on 2023/10/01 07:25:11 PM    
Hi all,

I searched the forum to see if my question (below) had been previously addressed, and this thread looked close, but still my question is different. I didn't want to start a new thread as this is a first post on my part, and perhaps my question is a dumb one as I have a limited knowledge regarding the tech in's and out's p2p software.

My question is this:

Recently (I use a VPN) when I add a new torrent, under the peers tab, I will see my IP followed by the port # my Tixati client is using.
For example 123.123.123.123:51234 where 51234 is the port#

After a a minute or so, a new IP (totally different) will join the peer list, with the exact same port #.
For example 345.345.345.345:51234

This seems odd, as I can look at a torrent that has dozens and dozens of peers, and yet not one of those IP's share a duplicate port number with any of the other peers in the group.

Is there a reason for this, me seeing my exact port number on a completely unrelated IP while also seeing my assigned IP and the same port number or is this some type of 3rd party prying?
by notaLamer on 2023/10/04 04:04:03 AM    
Marty, feel free to start a new thread. This deviates too much, but you are likely seeing your own client with the VPN's external IP address. That's why the port matches. You can try to connect to different countries and observe the flag change.
Check this out too https://forum.tixati.com/offtopic/413

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server