Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Client identity randomization: DHT node ID, port, peer ID...

by notaLamer on 2022/06/23 11:36:13 PM    
Following the request in this topic to only use the temporary IPv6: https://forum.tixati.com/support/7389

Tixati allows to randomize the DHT node ID every {never, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month} and port {never, 1h, 2h, 4h, 8h, 12h, 1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 4w}

Are these changes synchronized when both are set to the same value? {1d, 1w, 4w}
If I set both to be randomized, a possible motivation would be to reduce tracking of my client activity. Though if one value changes but not the other, it is trivial to connect the dots.
Not to mention the IP that stays.

I believe they should change in sync when the user has set them in tandem.

Overall this begs for discussion about a "total randomization" setting similar to deleting cookies&cache in browser.

1. When user has bound Tixati to a network interface AND the IP change detected: initiate randomization of enabled components at startup
2. When DHT/port change at startup, also initiate randomization

"Randomization" will change torrents' peer IDs (if dynamic), DHT node ID (if enabled), network port (if enabled)

PS: I believe this is pretty useless, but I wanted to write it down.
I don't think anyone's currently interested in behavior research on the BT network. It's just "write down IP, the offending hash and demand cash and prizes"
by Guest on 2022/06/24 01:53:57 PM    
It is not for achieving total anonymity, we all know such a thing doesn't exist online. What I'm aiming for (and I guess, at least some others, too), is just to reduce the footprint a little. Not asking for too much, in these times.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server