Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Client/Server mode?

by Guest on 2014/05/02 09:59:28 AM    
I am currently using Deluge with the daemon running on a virtualised ArchLinux, and client running on a number of Ubuntu desktop machines (with potential for other clients).

I have just learned of Tixati, seeing it listed as one of my peers.  I like the apparent level of control and information which Tixati offers, but I see no mention of a client/server model.  Does Tixati offer the possiblility of running a backend daemon on one machine while running the UI on a different frontend client?

This is important to me because only the headless server runs 24/7 and I don't want to rely on vnc for the UI.
by Pete on 2014/05/04 10:39:20 AM    
Not possible in 1.96. This was requested before, hopefully will be possible in the future. For now Tixati is usual GUI client with web interface.
by Guest on 2014/05/04 02:35:14 PM    
Thanks for the reply.

That is a great pity because I'm impressed by what I've seen about Tixati about Tixati.

I'm sure that, as media collections grow, more and more people are setting up file servers at home, and it makes sense to download directly to the server (which is often headless and, sometimes, hidden away in a cupboard/basement/....).

Never mind - Deluge does almost all that I need for the moment.  Perhaps Tixati will gain this feature at some point in the future.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/05/05 03:51:13 AM    
Ok, i need some help understanding this...

What does deluge do that Tixati with its web interface for remote control not do?
by Guest on 2015/10/20 12:12:42 PM    
For a start there is no facility to add or manage RSS feeds via the WebUi which for me unfortunately is a deal breaker...

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server