Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

move on complete has stopped working with the latest update

by Guest on 2020/09/21 01:09:27 AM    
as the title says, up until now I've had no issues with it but since i updated it no longer moves the file to the desired destination, the only other forum i found on this was from 2016 and it mentioned something about antivirus preventing it but i don't see why it would start doing that now as it never has before.
by Qvaris on 2020/09/21 10:36:22 PM    
I had a similar problem where my "move to" was my E drive. It gave me numerous errors and even when setting the security for the root of E, still gave me problems. I just created a new folder and called it DL and sent all my downloaded files to that folder. Seems to be a windows (I'm using win10 64bit 2004) security issue when moving files directly to the root of a drive as opposed to a folder on the drive.
by Guest on 2020/09/22 01:27:16 AM    
in my case i had set my D drive as the default and the move to on the rss to auto go to my anime folder but that wasn't working so i changed the default download to also be the anime folder which is also on D, and yet it is still putting all the files in the same spot, I'm wondering if this is actually an issue with rss but that wouldn't explain why manually created torrents also have that issue from time to time although a lot less
by Guest on 2020/09/22 09:17:15 PM    
OP youre right and my post https://forum.tixati.com/support/6779  isnt completely correct. Tixati moves files to global default folder, not category's folder.
maybe this is the reason:
2.75 before applying File Auto-Select, file and folder locations and move-on-complete paths are reset to defaults
by Guest on 2020/09/23 11:23:09 AM    
sorry, i'm having trouble understanding that last post, would you kindly explain it in different phrasing?

just realised that i should probably be putting OP here in my replies as it doesn't show that i am the OP, so OP here, i also put in that reply after Qvaris
by Guest on 2020/09/24 11:15:50 AM    
as the title says, up until now I've had no issues with it but since i updated it no longer moves the file to the desired destination, the only other forum i found on this was from 2016 and it mentioned something about antivirus preventing it but i don't see why it would start doing that now as it never has before.

i was refering to this. i dont think any other explanations are needed because imo this was introduced in v2.75.
Tixati just moves to global settings Transfers > Location path, no matter what.
unless ofcourse we are talking about different bugs and in your case move doesnt work at all.
by Guest on 2020/09/25 03:31:44 AM    
OP here i think i might have fixed it, there was a check box in the locations settings that wasn't there before saying use default path, i unchecked that and the next torrent worked as intended, gonna wait a couple of days to see if it still happens but yeah i think i fixed it
by Guest on 2020/09/26 09:55:02 AM    
by Guest on 2020/09/24 05:15:50 AM here

i reapplied location settings to category and i think it started working like before. weird. gonna wait and see if its not just 1 good transfer after 20 with wrong location.
by Guest on 2020/09/27 09:52:37 PM    
nah its still bugged in my case gonna continue the discusion on my topic

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server