Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati Maximum downloads per episode stopped working

by Guest on 2019/04/26 04:58:58 AM    
Hi.
I have 3 installations of Tixati on 3 windows 7 PC's

Everything has been mostly stable the last few years.  I updated to v2.59 and now all 3 PC's are now downloading multiples of the same episodes despite having this set to a maximum of 1 in both the feed parameter and the main settings.   No matter what I do. Tixati is now downloading multiple episodes for most of my tv shows.

This is a huge problem for me and is causing significant issues in bandwidth, space, plex, emby and the torrent sites I use in the form of seeding ratio's

Any help would be really appreciated..

Thanks.

JC
by Guest on 2019/04/28 09:38:42 PM    
what does it display in the 'episode' column for episodes it is downloading multiples of?

if that column does not show the files as the same episode then it will download them.
by Guest on 2019/04/30 06:27:15 AM    
Hi,
Thank you for your reply...

It shows the same episode number.

For example.  If a show show download episode s02e15 then I'll end up with up to 5 of the same episodes all listed exactly like s02e15

Also
I've set to not download shows without episode numbers
by Guest on 2019/05/10 05:12:49 AM    
Hi,
i just updated to the current version of Tixati.  
I have to say that Tixati is absolutely the best torrent client and believe me, Ive tried them all.

That said,
I'm still having issues with multiple of the same episodes downloading and its causing me significant issues.

This started happening 2 software revisions ago.

While its great that no one else seams to be having this issue, I'm still hoping that someone out there can help me.

I've been using Tixati for many years and have enjoyed at least 7 years of stability.

I have 3 pcs all VM that are running windows 7 and all 3 are experiencing the same issue.

At first I thought that I could not be the only one experiencing this because it started happening on all 3 pcs but the lack of response kinda tells me that maybe i am the only one having this issue.  

That said,
I'm thinking about reinstalling a previous version of Tixati.  

Do anyone have any thoughts and or suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you..
by Guest on 2019/05/12 10:44:50 AM    
Hey there,

I wonder if your problem is also related to mine. In the RSS settings under Feed Processing Options, I've been trying to use the "Auto-download item file count limit" and "Auto-download item KB" to prevent large or multi-file torrents from downloading but these settings seem to have no effect. My thread here... https://forum.tixati.com/support/6210

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how these options work, I really think something in Tixati is broken.
by Guest on 2019/05/13 08:19:56 PM    
Hi,

I agree.  These might be related but for whatever reason, it appears that not a lot of others are having this issue.  Very strange..

I have 3 windows 7 x64 pc's.
They are all virtual and on 3 different esxi servers.

They all are very close to being identical in their setup, configuration and resources.

All three have been running Tixati without issue for 7 years...  

My file count and max size are working but my maximum same episode setting is set to one on all 3 pc's but I believe Tixati is either ignoring this setting or it sees it as random.  Some days it downloads just one episode and others it downloads 8 or even ten.

My issues started 2 software revisions ago.  I've tried redoing the settings and uninstalling and reinstalling Tixati but that has had no effect.  I'm getting ready to roll windows back to before this started and then install an older version of Tixati.  My concern is that I won't be able to upgrade Tixati any more after I do that so this is not a long term solution...

As far as the maximum size setting, one thing I noticed some time ago is that if I just type a value in the field,it doesn't stay set unless I then click the up or down (to change the size of that number).  After I do that it saves the number I put in..  

Hope that helps, if not...

Is there any info I can give you regarding my setup that might help you?
by Guest on 2019/05/14 10:08:24 PM    
post your problem feeds so the devs can take a look at them.
by Guest on 2019/05/22 09:24:13 PM    
Hi,
How do i post the problem feeds?
by Guest on 2019/05/23 01:49:22 AM    
Just post them here and the mod will remove them and send them to the devs.
by Guest on 2019/06/26 09:07:03 PM    
I don't know if this is what you are asking for (I hope it is) but here are the feeds I use

(feeds removed and sent to devs)
by jephirey on 2019/10/09 04:04:13 PM    
I just wanted to report that I am having the exact same issue with a little bit different twist.  My RSS feeds are downloading multiple versions of the same episode, although it appears that my problem is that Tixati is having trouble distinguishing the episodes because 90% of them are blank in the feed list.  So obviously this is a different version of the issue, but with the same result.  Like the others, this issue started happening more recently, I'm not sure exactly when but within the last 3 or 4 versions.

Additionally, I'm not sure if it's related or not, but along with this issue I have added "1080p" to my exclude field and this also used to work and now this seems to be ignored as well.   I have about 7 or 8 different RSS auto downloaders set up, and as I look through the "Published Items" lists, the "Episodes" list is solid, identified for every download, for every video up until the beginning of June.  Then it gets really really sparse and identifies maybe 2 or 3 out of 10 of the episodes.

So in my case, it seems obvious why it's downloading all the dupes, because it's not identifying the episodes correctly.  If the episodes are identified, then the rule is working.  

All of this was working perfectly until sometime in the last few months, but I couldn't tell you exactly when I started seeing the dupes show up.  The June is about the best guess I can give but I didn't really care until I signed up with Comcast and ended up with a stupid download quota...

Thank you!
Jephirey

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server