Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.57/2.58 freeze

by Guest on 2018/08/02 03:52:57 PM    
Hi there!

I've been using Tixati for a while now. Everything worked really really well. Much better than the previous clients I used. Thanks for that!

But shortly before 2.58 came out, Tixati started freezing and I can't find out why. System is Win7 x64 in a VM, 6Gb of RAM assigned to it, which I access via RDP. The rest of the system is still responsive as it should be. Tixati does nothing, no CPU usage, no disk usage, no network traffic, just isn't responding, the GUI is whited out, no text besides the windows name and "not responding" in the top bar. It never unfreezes and clicking on the taskbar icon and selecting "end program" brings up the "Tixati xyz is not responding. Quit anyway?" or whatever it is in english, where I click on yes, but it won't quit. Even killing it in the task manager... it just stays in that state. Only a restart helps
So I read around on the web and on found that in many cases storage access problems lead to freezes. So I replaced the VMs storage file with one on another physical drive, deleted all excess seeding only torrents, but still, once a day Tixati freezes.

What could be the problem?
by Guest on 2018/08/07 02:55:46 AM    
Did I do something wrong or is nobody interested in helping me?
by Bugmagnet on 2018/08/07 06:40:07 AM    
part of what you describe is similar to what was reported here:

https://forum.tixati.com/support/5913

Turns out it was a microsoft update causing the problem, which has since apparently been fixed by a later update.
by Guest on 2018/08/12 10:07:30 PM    
Hi! I did search the forum before but used mainly "freeze" as a word, so the topic didn't come up. It seems that preview patch fixed the problem. Thank you!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server