Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature request: adjusting description of a trackers list editor

by wdc on 2018/02/16 11:27:15 AM    
Hello,

currently, when i am loading new transfer (adding new torrent), then there is trackers tab where is a text:
"Put each tracker URL on a separate line. Use a blank line between tracker groups."

as a newbie user this confused me, because i have not know what are tracker groups, so i separated private trackers from public ones by blank line. And otherwise there were no blank lines in my trackers list.

And the result was that only like 1-2 trackers was automaticaly connected/announced which seemed like a issue, so i had to register and submit request at forum: https://forum.tixati.com/support/5724

I propose that you replace description:
"Put each tracker URL on a separate line. Use a blank line between tracker groups."

by:
"Put each tracker URL on a separate line. Use a blank line between trackers."

the tracker groups function (to connect only first tracker of a group) being described only in a documentation as i do not think it is a feature many users will, use, i think majority wants to have broadest reach by contacting all trackers.
by Napsterbater on 2018/02/17 05:40:34 PM    
There are a lot of trackers where there are multiple "trackers" but they share the same peer database, there is no point to connecting to multiple trackers with the same info. it also defeats the purshouse which was to spread the load across multiple servers.

Also this is not spec fic tyo Tixati, mant torrent client operart thier tracker list the same way, it standard.
by wdc on 2018/02/22 10:09:20 AM    
I think user should be better informed on how the tracker list/tracker editor works. User do not know what are "tracker groups". The editor should mention simple note: "Only one tracker from a group will be connected." or something like that to clear the doubts of the noob user.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server