Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Most trackers has no status, only like 2 has status OK

by wdc on 2018/02/14 01:06:39 PM    
Hello,

i am a newbie user on Windows 10 64bit, Tixati 2.56 and i added 3 torrents, which i already have files downloaded, so they rechecked and are in Seeding state and each torrent has like 30 trackers.
Only like 2 trackers out of 30 shows status OK. Another around 3-5 trackers show other status like "Host not found".
Majority shows no status. When i click to announce such empty status tracker, it shows OK status for it.

My question is which setting/where to modify so Tixati connect to all trackers automatically? I do not ask how to manually reannounce, instead how to make Tixati automatialy connect to all newly added torrent's trackers. Thank you
by Guest on 2018/02/15 11:25:52 PM    
I'm pretty sure that only 2 is OK and the rest is dead.
It's common that when making a torrent people add all the trackers they can find without checking them. If you use DHT there is no reason to add more than 2-3 trackers for a torrent.
by Napsterbater on 2018/02/15 11:47:35 PM    
I bet the trackers you are seeing are in the same group. When trackers are grouped only the first in the group that works is used as they are assumed to have the same peer/seed database.

If the trackers in question are not or should not be part of a group make sure there is a blank line between each in the edit tracker box.

You can/should see the group number to the far left of the trackers.
by wdc on 2018/02/16 11:30:15 AM    
@Guest

> I'm pretty sure that only 2 is OK and the rest is dead.
You are wrong, you probably not read my message or not understood it. When i manually announce to the particular trackers they show OK status(connected)

@Napsterbater

> When trackers are grouped only the first in the group that works is used
yes, i used two groups by adding empty line between private and public trackers, but i do not know anything else about groups Tixati not told me how group trackers works.

So i editted the tracker list to remove that empty line. Stopped that torrent and started again, yet only one tracker out of 30 is connected, which i see as a issue, i want as much as possible to be connected.

So i need to enter empty line after each tracker. But this is strange, Tixati should notify me that there should be empty lines or give some link or tooltip to explain how the tracker groups works on a window where i am inputting trackers. Here i created feature request for that: https://forum.tixati.com/support/5727

Thank you for your response, it was helpful.
by Napsterbater on 2018/02/17 05:37:13 PM    
So i editted the tracker list to remove that empty line. Stopped that torrent and started again, yet only one tracker out of 30 is connected, which i see as a issue, i want as much as possible to be connected.

If the trackers in question are not or should not be part of a group make sure there is a blank line between each in the edit tracker box.

Again THERE SHOULD BE A BLANK LINE BETWEEN trackers that SHOULD NOT be grouped.

Any Trackers with no blank line between them mean they are grouped.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server