Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Hello, Newbie Questions...

by Guest on 2017/07/05 06:38:47 AM    
I moved from utorrent, whose antiques have become too unpleasant ffor my taste, and Tixati was recommended to me.

I installed and tested it with a slackware torrent and it worked just fine, even when tested with a VPN.

But I have a few questiond for optimizimng the set-up. Everything I tried as help is more or less a silly nuisance, even your own    https://support.tixati.com/optimizing%20tixati
The pictures zjere probably show on older version? and so are useless

Setting up speed limits... I do not want to limit incoming at all, how do I set this?
It seems to reset itself back to 50kbs, the upload limit in my test was also higher than the 100kbs, I had set for the test?

Do I need to change any of the settings when using a VPN?

It would be nice f I could an answer to these questions, but I may have afew more, when I get used to Tixati.

THanks for the moment, Michel (I will register when I have a minute later today...)
by meric007 on 2017/07/14 07:16:34 AM    
I do not want to limit incoming at all, how do I set this?

If you don’t want to you don't have to. A "VPN" will probably cap your speed so there's no reason to do so.

Do I need to change any of the settings when using a VPN?
Not sure. However, if you use the VPN for other purposes you may want to reduce your speed to allow resources for other applications.

If you've read the Help Document on "Optimizing Tixati" you would have come across " It is generally not necessary to set the incoming bandwidth throttle". This clearly states that limiting incoming speed isn't necessary so I'm not sure how you can state that the guide isn't helpful enough. However, capping or limiting the outgoing speed is because "outgoing traffic can choke off all traffic and will affect your download speed".

As for your other questions please post them. I'm sure some one will help you out!
Regards,
M_007
by Guest on 2017/07/18 05:59:28 AM    
Hello there! Can you give TIXATI software a Chinese language version? Thank you! Chinese users are still very much! Thank you very much for your software!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server