Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Magnet links in windows 10

by Guest on 2016/10/12 04:49:30 PM    
I installed p2p client and it took the magnet link association. I disabled it in p2p client's settings.

Tixati thinks it has the association when I click the magnet link button in settings. If I try to change it with windows' default programs, Tixati is not available and there is no way to manually select an app. I tried to install tixati again (2.47) but still not working.

How can I make Tixati my default magnet link app again?
by Guest on 2016/10/12 09:51:56 PM    
If you have Tixati running in portable mode it doesn't accept magnet: unless Tixati is running.
While running, in Setting -> Shell Integration click "CHECK NOW"

It is possible your browser is the problem in that case. So you should check associations there. If you don't know, please list your browser version(s) and someone can help you better. Alternatively you can try right click -> OPEN to get the popup in browser to happen on the site instead of left-click, or right-click -> download...
Hope this helps.
by Guest on 2016/10/13 04:56:04 PM    
Thanks for your time. Tix is not in portable, it's installed. When I click that check button, tix says it's the default magnet link handler. Still, the other p2p client opens with magnets. I have latest chrome and there were no protocols set up in settings.

Anyone knows how to add tixati to windows default programs list?
by Guest on 2016/10/14 09:22:52 AM    
Shift-Right click in Explorer should allow "open with"... magnet: is not technically a file handler (protocol handler) so you wouldn't be able to set it that way though.
IF your other app is showing, perhaps in THAT SETTINGS -> you could change/disable in the other app.
by FAKEFUL on 2016/10/15 08:29:50 AM    
Try click on "check on startup" and restart tixati. Last time I tried "Check Now" for magnet links didn't worked, but Startup association menu works like a charm.
by Guest on 2016/10/15 04:12:44 PM    
check startup is enabled. ALso disabled from the other client. Still windows sees only the other one.
by Guest on 2016/10/16 10:02:44 PM    
Uninstall the other app? If its taking control, it obviously can't take control when uninstalled (I hope)??
:( Sorry I refuse to update to more bloated win10 and I therefore can't help you with the UI settings.
by Guest on 2017/09/15 06:43:10 AM    
I had the same problem, even after checking the settings. For me a different browser worked, gl
by ChasUGC on 2022/10/24 12:57:27 AM    
I still have that problem. When I click a magnet link in Chrome, it opens a blank tab. This only seems to happen for Pirate Bay links. It started when I installed transmission. I uninstalled Transmission and tried to uninstall Chrome too. Nothing changed. The link just did nothing. I checked my registry and Tixati and both have Tixati as the default. I heard that Chrome stopped this outside program interaction for security reasons. I just have to find the bypass.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server