Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

File Too Large Error
Page 2 of 2     <<<12   >   >>  
by Guest on 2019/09/21 03:43:07 AM    
This bug is still around. I recently been ftp downloading from a seedbox, then I use the .torrent file to force check my download in tixati as I feel it's a good way to verify the ftp transfer was good as I stop and resume a lot of times in the ftp client. But this file too large error happens.
by Guest on 2019/09/25 07:40:10 AM    
that happend when you unarchivate or ad new file in file folder of the same torrent ,and hi become larger than size  that tixati thinks must to be. sorry for my poor english.
by Napsterbater on 2019/09/27 11:10:06 PM    
This error means the file already/currently exist AND is bigger then the file specified by the torrent.

Not that the file is too big for the filesystem.
by Guest on 2019/12/19 05:59:45 AM    
so if tixati thinks a file is too big for the torrent, wouldn't the correct procedure during a check be to DELETE the non-matching block and download it again?

Instead Tixati throws up its hands and goes screw it I'm not doing anything; manual intervention required, you need to manually delete all the changed blocks or files, and then, maybe it will start again. (Until the next FILE TOO LARGE file)

Just, for the love of all of us who hit this problem, delete the bad blocks and move on instead of error to a dead stop.

A very common torrent with this problem are mame rom packs.

they update EVERY month. Common practice is to stop old torrent, download new torrent, point to same files from old. Torrent software checks, finds differences, get rid of non matching blocks REGARDLESS OF SIZE, download missing blocks, (usually only 10-15% change), and you're at 100% again.

That's all clients BUT Tixati! Tixati hits a changed rom you already have an old copy of, and when it doesn't match, it just goes FILE TOO LARGE, and STOPS. Completely frustrating, and WORTHLESS as a failure mode.

We've begged for this to be fixed.... PLEASE fix it!!!!!!
by Guest on 2019/12/26 04:57:33 AM    
have this same issue when i have one file being used to seed multiple torrents. Tixati increases the file size and makes the program think its the incorrect file, very big issue when trying to save space and still seed properly, or when trying to revive a dead torrent.
by Guest on 2020/03/08 03:36:26 PM    
For me, it is simply two files that I opened with an e-book reader. The reader apparently added a bookmark or other information to the original file, annoying but not a disaster.
by Guest on 2020/12/12 11:19:33 AM    
Problem is still here. Had to manually find and delete "too large" files. And then redownload 42GB. Such approach looks very inconvenient for a torrent client.
It there is no way to replace only changed parts of a file then do not make user to search and delete these files manualy at least.
by Guest on 2020/12/12 09:06:02 PM    
Same problem when trying to download a torrent from 1.03 rip filed version to new renewed 1.04 version. Here is link: (Link removed by Mod and sent to Devs) Here is printscreen (Link removed by Mod and sent to Devs) Pls help with that. I dont want use uTrash or smth after 6 years of using Tixati.
by Guest on 2020/12/16 06:19:40 AM    
Best you can do in this situation is to download the whole torrent then spare for your needs, in the past I made the terrible mistake of selcting files within a torrent file, the selected files shared missing parts with the files that were not downloaded, usually one piece or a few more, it could also indicate a memory (RAM) problem.
by Guest on 2021/01/11 09:28:29 PM    
was going to type a lot of words, but basically this :

"so if tixati thinks a file is too big for the torrent, wouldn't the correct procedure during a check be to DELETE the non-matching block and download it again?

Instead Tixati throws up its hands and goes screw it I'm not doing anything; manual intervention required, you need to manually delete all the changed blocks or files, and then, maybe it will start again. (Until the next FILE TOO LARGE file)

Just, for the love of all of us who hit this problem, delete the bad blocks and move on instead of error to a dead stop.

A very common torrent with this problem are mame rom packs.

they update EVERY month. Common practice is to stop old torrent, download new torrent, point to same files from old. Torrent software checks, finds differences, get rid of non matching blocks REGARDLESS OF SIZE, download missing blocks, (usually only 10-15% change), and you're at 100% again.

That's all clients BUT Tixati! Tixati hits a changed rom you already have an old copy of, and when it doesn't match, it just goes FILE TOO LARGE, and STOPS. Completely frustrating, and WORTHLESS as a failure mode.

We've begged for this to be fixed.... PLEASE fix it!!!!!!"
by Guest on 2021/04/18 02:10:07 AM    
i'm getting this error with 2.81 on fully updated Windows 10 20H2.
by Guest on 2021/05/13 07:10:19 PM    
Just randomly got hit by this for 3 albums I torrented, still looking for a solution....
Latest version of TIXATI been using the software since 2010 never had this come up before
now hit on 3 torrents in 2 days, not sure what the hell is going on.
Page 2 of 2     <<<12   >   >>  
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server