Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.39 Alpha-1 upload ratio limit problem

by Guest on 2016/05/09 02:04:56 PM    
Tixati 2.39 Alpha-1 32bit, Windows 7 32bit
When a torrent reaches upload ratio limit, continues seeding.
No problem with previous versions.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/09 06:32:47 PM    
v2.39-a1 win 64bit

trying to replicate this...
It appears that with normal seeds, the ratio is enforced. However, if the torrent is set to constant seeding, the ratio is ignored.

This may be due to Settings/Transfers/General/Auto Start-Stop/Stop constant seeds on upload ratio above {  } (not enabled)
by Guest on 2016/05/09 11:05:47 PM    
Hi, Bugmagnet. I am the author of the first post.

I forgot to mention that this only happens in new transfers. "Old" torrents that initially started from within Tixati 2.38 are stopping normally.
I have no categories, or constant seeds. ALL torrents are set to stop at 1.01 ratio.
What i see is: When i SEED "new" torrents (initially started from within 2.39-a1 32bit), the column "Time Left" in "Transfers" is EMPTY, seeding exceeds the above limit and continues up to ?!? (i don't know how much, i manually stop them).

In windows 7 64bit, Tixati 2.39 Alpha-1 64bit, Tixati works normally for me.
The problem exists only in Tixati 2.39 Alpha-1 32bit.
Anyway, thank you for trying to help.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/10 06:57:46 AM    
As to the "time left" that relates to you downloading the torrent, not seeding it. It is an estimate of how long it will take to complete your copy based on the current speed of incoming data. So that should not have any bearing on seeding or ratios related to that.

The extra details you gave might help the DEVteam to focus on the 32 bit version code.
by Guest on 2016/05/11 08:55:37 AM    
Both upload ratio limit and remote seed limit set in settings or category are ignored.
by Guest on 2016/05/16 09:16:22 PM    
Bugmagnet, I'm pretty sure the "Time Left" field is equally relevant when seeding. The program calculates how long the torrent will seed based on the torrent's current upload ratio, the upload ratio limit and the upload speed. See screenshots in this forum post for more detail:

https://forum.tixati.com/support/2530/

(I could be wrong, but that looks like what is going on to me.)
by albionexile on 2016/05/24 05:28:27 AM    
Seeing exactly the same behavior on downloaded torrents.  They seed constantly and yet if I close Tixati 2.39A1 and launch 2.38, the torrent stops automatically having exceeded the set ratio.  Note that I am using 64 bit version on Windows.
by janet on 2016/05/24 06:52:51 AM    
This should be fixed in alpha-2, which is coming very soon.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/24 01:30:23 PM    
Guest 16 May:

Those images relate to Transfers/Details/Remaining Time and not the "Time Left" column mentioned earlier.
the column "Time Left" in "Transfers" is EMPTY

I don't recall ever seeing a value in that "Time Left" column for a torrent that is seeding, only downloading. Haven't paid any attention to that other "Remaining Time" field value.

And as to the failure to stop seeding, as Janet said, a fix is coming.
by Pete on 2016/05/24 07:53:54 PM    
Guest from 16 May is right. See this image: http://s33.postimg.org/u3kz5kfnj/tixati_time_left.png
Time Left is empty for three Constant Seeds at the top only because the Upload Ratio Limit is off for them. There are "???" for next seeding torrent, it has Upload Ratio Limit set but is not uploading at the moment. Four Seeds below are uploading, Tixati calculates time to reach the Upload Ratio Limit, assuming current B/s OUT will be constant (I guess).
This is Tixati v2.34 at the screen shot.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/26 02:04:17 AM    
you're both right on that - my bad.  I never saw any values for "Time Left" seeding because I never set a ratio limit on my seeds. I overlooked the impact of that setting.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/27 06:23:38 AM    
As janet promised....

v2.39-a2 seems to have fixed the stop on ratio and stop on seed count issues, based on my preliminary tests with offline completed torrents that I restarted.

With stop on ratio (set at 0.01 to test) they stopped immediately. With that disabled and the torrent re-started, they stopped as soon as the seed limit was reached.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server