Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati does not delete containing folder, only files

by Guest on 2016/03/27 10:17:57 AM    
When I do LOCALE FILES->DELETE on a multi-file torrent, Tixati deletes the files but it does not remove the containing folder. I'm talking about the folder created automatically by Tixati from the name of the torrent.

There is an empty folder remaining for every torrent that I've deleted recently (through Tixati). I have to use Explorer to delete them.

I'm currently using Tixati 2.34 64-bit on Windows 7. Other recent versions had probably the same problem.

Note that I am using a few non-default settings, like FAST ALLOCATE and EDITABLE FULL PATHS.

Please tell me at least if it's a known bug and if there's a workaround.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/27 07:12:09 PM    
I have deleted a few torrents after they showed little or no seeding.

So when I looked to see about this, I noticed that other torrents that completed and automatically moved on completion to my 'finished' folder, left behind empty folders in my incoming folder.

Maybe this failure to do a full cleanup is related to what you experienced. I am using win7 pro also.

I also note that over the last many weeks, the devteam has been busy re-writing lots of the core functions of tixati and specifically with file handling. Perhaps this will fix this behavior or if not, maybe they will add it to the list of bug fixes needed during the next round of beta testing which will begin very soon.

http://testing.tixati.com/
by Pete on 2016/03/27 07:44:12 PM    
Tixati does delete folders on Linux. My guess is on Windows a file remains in the folder, so it can't be deleted. For example some hidden system file may be inside, that isn't part of the torrent but is created by Windows (like thumbs.db or something like that).
by Guest on 2016/03/28 12:07:17 AM    
You were spot on, Pete. There is a thumbs.db file in each folder. It's a hidden protected operating system file. It should not prevent Tixati from deleting the folder. I'd be grateful if you could fix this in the next version of Tixati. Thanks in advance.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/28 10:50:42 AM    
My problem was not caused by thumbs.db  ( My view options is to show it all, including hidden and system files and these folders were empty and reported as such.

In one case, the torrent included 6 subfolders. When it finished, it was moved but left behind the torrent folder with 2 of the 6 subfolders. And they both reported "This folder is empty"

In another case, the torrent also included 6 subfolders and when it finished, it was moved but left behind the torrent folder with 5 of the 6 subfolders. And they all reported "This folder is empty"

This seems to be an anomaly. Rather than tediously opening every folder and subfolder in my incoming directory to check for such empty folders, I found a utility to do that search, and it found only 14 empty folders, 9 of them related to these 2 torrents.

I am suspecting another issue in my case for these 2 torrents. They were both music torrents and I *may* have opened several of the files to sample the tracks while the torrent was completing. So if these were still open in VLC, then tixati would not have been able to delete them.

I am not sure if that was the cause, but if so, maybe this could be fixed by adding the torrents that failed to delete to a list and then retry the task to check again later for "To Be Deleted" torrents?
by Kris77 on 2017/04/13 04:47:06 PM    
Have had the same problem for a while, I'm pretty sure it worked at some point.
I often add a small file to accompany a lager file - Tixati should delete the the folder regardless of anything added or removed when choosing "Remove and delete local files.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server