Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati preventing pc to sleep

by Guest on 2013/10/04 10:16:01 PM    
Hi all,

I recently noticed that my pc isn't going into sleep mode anymore and it turned out to be related to Tixati.
Does anybody know why this is happening ? perhaps wrong setting ?

I'm on Win7 x64 with latest Tixati.

Thx!
by Bugmagnet on 2013/10/08 05:41:13 PM    
Would you want your system to sleep when it is still busy transferring files?
by HandyMan on 2013/10/08 08:19:23 PM    
You could run a Scheduled Job with Auto-Shutdown: Allow System Suspend When All Downloads Complete
by Guest on 2014/02/26 07:29:06 PM    
I'm not the OP but I'm having the same issue: "powercfg -requests" reports that tixati is always preventing my computer from sleeping when idle, and search as I might, I couldn't find any setting to disable that behavior.
I think more people than it would seem will find this annoying. At least I know I'd rather have my computer sleep when left idle instead of being always online just to send a few Kbs of data once in a while. It's another story when actually downloading though, but as someone who seeds whenever my computer is online but almost never downloads, I end up with an insomniac computer without reason most of the time.
Anyway, I don't want to sound rude, but this is a dealbreaker for me, and I won't be using tixati like I hoped, which is disappointing since I quite liked it otherwise.
by Guest on 2014/03/05 04:06:27 AM    
If there are no transfers running and your computer won't sleep and your sure it's Tixati, then it's probably DHT and or Channels.  If Tixati has any active connections, it will prevent the computer from sleeping.
by yossi_s1 on 2015/03/07 05:23:04 PM    
bumping request.
i came from utorrent which would not prevent sleep either when im downloading or when im only uploading.
that way i wouldn't have to worry about opening or closing the application. it was always open and transferring while i was on the computer.
when i was not on my pc, it would go to sleep, like i want it to, to save electricity, heat, wear, noise, etc...
tixati prevents sleep so i have to close it manually, and opening it each time that im on my pc is not something i want to worry about.
because of that im not seeding anymore.

i think this is a basic and important feature.
by Guest on 2015/03/10 01:06:45 PM    
2nd click on Tixati icon in the Notification Area (next to the clock) -> Auto-Shutdown -> Allow System Suspend +/- When All Downloads Complete.
by yossi_s1 on 2015/03/16 05:22:53 PM    
tnx, i will try it now.
but it would be nice if there would be an option to always allow system suspend. even when downloads are in progress.
by Guest on 2018/03/24 08:13:43 PM    
Necromancer here (but this is first thread in google for windows sleep issues with tixati). After years from original question we have better context menu. Right click on tixati in system tray -> auto-shutdown and there is a ton of useful things with pretty self explanatory names. If nothing works and you are getting desperate (like me after half an hour), check delay in auto-shutdown menu, I had it on 20 minutes...

Also, use 'powercfg -requests' from elevated cmd to see if tixati is blocking windows sleep mode or not.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server