Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

RSS not auto-downloading
Page 1 of 2     <<   <   12>>>
by Guest on 2013/09/30 02:44:48 AM    
I've searched Google and this forum but I can't figure this out.  I've followed all the instructions for auto-downloading but it doesn't happen.  I use a laptop with Vista home.  To currently download a new file that shows up in my feed, I have to click on the feed, then click on "Published Items," then click on the item I want.  This opens a Firefox tab, for no apparent reason, but also opens the "Load Transfer" dialogue box, so I can click "start" and the download begins.

But, again, I have "auto-download new items" set to "yes," it just isn't happening.  Any suggestions as to what I might be missing?
by pessimism on 2013/10/08 01:00:17 AM    
I am experiencing this exact same problem, the feed finds items but does not start transfers despite double and triple checking all settings.  Could someone please provide some input?
by Guest on 2013/10/16 03:15:08 AM    
Quick bump, hoping somebody can think of a setting I might have wrong or an error I might have made in the set up.  I know that's a wide net to cast, but I'm desperate and I don't know where else to turn.
by Guest on 2013/10/16 12:19:07 PM    
Look here at the feed processing options:  

--be sure automatically download items for normal update is set to yes.

--try turning up the maximum auto-downloads for same episode.

-- be sure 'Auto-download item file count limit' and 'Auto-download item KB' are NOT checked off.

--if there is a chance the torrent you want will be a magnet link be sure 'magnet-link items eligible for auto-download' is set to yes.
by Guest on 2013/10/17 12:49:19 AM    
Oh, I've poured over that page time and time again, I assure you.  But thanks for the suggestions; the only one I wasn't in compliance with was "maximum auto downloads" so I moved that up from 1 to 10.  I'll let you know if it worked.
by Guest on 2013/10/31 02:34:12 PM    
What worked for me was to enable magnet-links available for auto download. Not many places don't use magnet links so shouldn't that be the default option? oh well working now.
by joshisanonymous on 2013/12/15 09:39:28 PM    
Yeah this definitely isn't a settings problem. I've used Tixati for about a year now and have had RSS feeds loaded up that automatically download just fine but for the last couple months it simply no longer works. Not a single setting was touched, the feeds were not changed, nothing. It just stopped working for 13 or so feeds.
by Guest on 2014/01/21 02:25:29 AM    
Feels like RSS (auto-download) only works for some sites, but I only know one place that works.  Any other places just gives me "Web Link Only" at the status of published items.  Could this be a bug?  Even though a link goes to the direct link to the torrent file, Tixati seems as if it doesn't recognize that it links to the torrent file.
by Guest on 2014/04/23 03:48:51 AM    
I also have this problem.  I wish someone could address this.  At first, everything worked great.  After a few months I started missing downloads.  I see "Web Link Only" next to the published item.  I double click on it and it downloads the torrent file no problem.  If it was just every now and then, I could live with that but its not.  It's random and nothing short of annoying.  A full year has gone by and still no one has addressed this.  RSS is suppose to be automatic and with other torrent clients it is.  I really like Tixati but whats the point if RSS doesn't work..
by Guest on 2014/05/18 02:41:05 PM    
RSS is not working.

in published items I only see (Web link only).  I use to see items that could be downloaded but all of them are now web link only.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
by Guest on 2014/06/25 05:52:33 AM    
Same issue. Used to work some weeks ago but now isn't.
by Guest on 2014/07/14 05:29:50 PM    
I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling tixati, rebooting and still RSS only says "Web Link only".  I removed all my RSS feeds and added new feeds from new sites and I still get "Web Link Only".  I removed tixati and installed another torrent client and everything works.  I removed the other client and installed tixati, addedd the same rss feeds I used with the other client and I get "Web Link Only".

Am I the only one having this issue?
by Guest on 2014/07/30 10:17:37 PM    
exact same problem.  Just sits waiting.  Sadly I quite seriously require the RSS to work appropriately, and will now have to consider using some other torrent program, ugh.
by Guest on 2014/08/10 05:54:42 AM    
Anyone figured out what is up with RSS.  It just stopped working.
by Guest on 2014/08/22 03:53:25 AM    
My RSS stopped working about a year ago v1.96.  I've tried a number of things but it simply does not work.  I installed the new version of Tixati v1.97 and RSS still doesn't work.  I rolled Tixati back to 1.94 and RSS works.  I reinstalled v1.97 and RSS stops working.

Does anyone have any info or suggestions?  I'll cut my dick off before I use a different torrent client but its truly maddening having to manually download everyday..

Thanks.
by Guest on 2014/08/22 12:06:33 PM    
send the urls to support@tixati.com
by Guest on 2014/08/22 07:54:10 PM    
yes, send in example RSS URLs

you could even post them here as a guest and the mods will scoop them out of your msg and forward to the devs

i'm sure this will be fixed soon
by Guest on 2014/08/23 01:51:20 AM    
Thank you for looking at my RSS issue.  I sent my RSS URL's to support@tixati.com . I hope this helps you and saves my dick...
Thanks again
by Guest on 2014/08/27 05:36:27 AM    
Hi,
Did the RSS URL's yield any info?

Thanks
by Guest on 2014/08/27 03:43:06 PM    
they released a new version yesterday and the RSS is working extremely well now :)
Page 1 of 2     <<   <   12>>>
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server