Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati Freeze and unable to end process

by Guest on 2013/09/28 06:04:36 PM    
I'm using windows 8 if that matters. The program works fine most of the time, but every once in a while it will freeze. When it does this, nothing on my system can get it to close. Task manager can't end the process. It says access denied when trying to end it. The occasional crash doesn't bother me very much. It's the fact that I have to restart my computer to be able to get it to close and then open it again.

Any idea why it would be preventing me from ending the process and/or ideas how to get it to close without restarting my pc?
by Guest on 2013/11/05 08:10:48 PM    
having the same issue on windows 8 as well. tried running tixati as admin, still freezes up after a while.
by bveliton on 2013/11/10 01:50:50 PM    
Same issue, Windows 8 64 bit, just installed Tixati 64 bit version last night. Set it to minimize to the tray, started some torrents, minimized it to the tray and went away for a while. When I came back, I couldn't do anything with the tray icon and couldn't kill the process, had to reboot. After that any time I open Tixati it totally hangs and I can't kill the process except by rebooting. Seems like a nice BT client if it would work. I wonder is it worth trying the 32 bit install after uninstalling this one?
by Bugmagnet on 2013/11/12 04:11:30 AM    
you might try this,TaskInfo utility  Site says current version has "expermental" win8 support.

It is a sophisticated utility that combines many of the functions of M$ TaskManager and SystemsInfo tools.

http://iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

I have been using it for over 10 years now after I learned of it from an anti-hack group. Back in the day, this would reveal processes running that could hide from TaskManager. Good for finding trojans etc.

It also has option to "close" nicely, or if that fails, to "terminate", which seems to be more effective that TaskManager's "end program now" option.
by Guest on 2013/11/14 10:44:59 PM    
happens on win 7 as well....
by Guest on 2014/04/24 08:32:00 AM    
v 1.96.0
64 bit Win7

It's a nice client, could be my favorite client, but the unkillable zombie process thing as previously documented in this thread makes it a non-entity.  Uninstalled.

Please do announce when you have it shot, I'd love to run it again!

Thanks!
by Guest on 2018/08/08 11:54:14 PM    
I know this is an old topic, but I'm also having this problem.
Running Windows 7 64bit, freshly updated (maybe that's the problem?)
Whenever I close Tixati, the process is still running in task manager. Oddly enough, QBittorrent does the exact same thing!  The only way to stop either one is to restart my machine.

Is there anything that could be causing this? I don't know anything about what this program or QB uses, maybe some dlls or libraries need updating?
by Guest on 2018/08/09 08:01:12 AM    
Running Windows 7 64bit, freshly updated (maybe that's the problem?)

the update is probably the problem.

Look here for help: https://forum.tixati.com/support/5913
by Guest on 2019/02/16 01:22:22 AM    
This happens to me often. I am using Win 7. Crashing isn't as bad as needing to shut down the computer. I have tried many different ways/softwares to end the process. Nothing works.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server