Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Running Tixati ona headless server through SSH tunnel

by Guest on 2015/10/20 11:47:23 AM    
Hello, im running a headless server for my media streaming.

I used to haver a monitor and keyboard connected to this server and was able to run Tixati in the background pulling from an RSS feed. Now the server has had to be relocated in the home and has had to go monitorless.

I ave managed to get Tixati to load through the network (ssh -X username@host tixati) and have given it the new feed URL but upon exit there is no option displayed to run in the background, and sadly the RSS URL is no longer present, now i could keep the connection from my laptop to the server live but this completely defeats the purpose of running the server headless... there is still no option to utilise RSS from the WEBUI and as far as i have found so far there is no tixati-server mode where i can enter the RSS into a config file...

I really dont want to have to migrate to a different client but i need to be able to run this in server mode...
by Guest on 2015/10/20 04:34:59 PM    
To get Tixati, or any other command, to keep running after your SSH session has dropped, use the following syntax:

nohup tixati &

This makes any task run in the background.  Otherwise, when your terminal session closes, the process in the foreground will get a SIGHUP, which by default closes the program.

You could also make a script to do this, for example make a file /home/username/tixatibackground.sh :

#!/bin/sh
nohup tixati &

and then you can just run /home/username/tixatibackground.sh, which will return immediately

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server