Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why is Tixati Banned on almost all private trackers
Page 3 of 3     <<<123   >   >>  
by Guest on 2015/08/01 01:30:47 AM    
Actually it does...  It was discussed in another thread
by ZDS on 2017/04/14 05:00:08 PM    
I didn't want to try Tixati because the CNET Downloads pic shows a very ugly black background.

Hahaha, everyone's entitled to bad taste.
The sleek black GUI was what brought me to Tixati and it's quality kept me.
by Guest on 2018/10/04 03:18:37 AM    
Why are people using private trackers? You have to pay to download torrents? What is happening on the torrent scene when rubbish like this happens. What happened to "sharing is caring" I Have been downloading for decades and would never use private parazites. Power to the people and freedom to trade on the internet this is what the original torrents stood for. Now its a money grab for the greedy. Stop supporting these people and stay open for all.

jim Jones
by swetnap on 2018/10/04 09:00:01 PM    
Why are people using private trackers? You have to pay to download torrents? What is happening on the torrent scene when rubbish like this happens. What happened to "sharing is caring" I Have been downloading for decades and would never use private parazites. Power to the people and freedom to trade on the internet this is what the original torrents stood for. Now its a money grab for the greedy. Stop supporting these people and stay open for all.

jim Jones

I am not paying for any of the private trackers I am using. Paying (or, in a different term, donating) is purely optional on most trackers and can give you advantages. Personally, I have never heard of trackers on which you have to pay to be a member. Must be some rip-off trackers lol
As long as one follows the rule you have quoted, they are fine - so watching your ratio is a big thing and just leeching is a big no-no. Private trackers are not as bad as you think - many people prefer them over public trackers, because of security/content/sharing/... reasons.
For more you might want to research a little, since I do not want to hijack the thread!

On-topic: I am using Tixati on all of my trackers. Now, it is not the main recommended client, but it is allowed and works on my laptop (aka seedbox) just fine. It didn't crash so far and can handle the amount of torrents just fine. I guess the times of Tixati being banned on most private trackers is over, even if some major trackers are still going crazy about a thing that happened years ago in an old version, presumably. And with the demise of uTorrent because of quite a few concerns about the program safety, admins are more or less "forced" to allow more torrent clients that 'just work'. And boy, I do like that!
by Guest on 2018/10/05 03:18:15 AM    
Thanks for the reply.

"I am not paying for any of the private trackers I am using. Paying (or, in a different term, donating) is purely optional on most trackers and can give you advantages. Personally, I have never heard of trackers on which you have to pay to be a member. Must be some rip-off trackers lol"

The few times I looked at private trackers I was asked to give "donations" or no access, which to me is not a donation rather a fee. But that was years ago so it may be different now. And as I have been getting more than enough from the free open sites I use I never went near them again.

"As long as one follows the rule you have quoted, they are fine"

I don't follow rules that is why I torrent in the first place, I do however give back the same if not more than I take.

"many people prefer them over public trackers, because of security/content/sharing/... reasons."

From what I seen most of them ask for email information, force browsers with Java script enabled and block tor and other privacy networks - maybe not all just the few I tried.
by swetnap on 2018/10/05 08:52:21 PM    
The few times I looked at private trackers I was asked to give "donations" or no access, which to me is not a donation rather a fee. But that was years ago so it may be different now. And as I have been getting more than enough from the free open sites I use I never went near them again.
Your reasons are understandable. My feeling is just different downloading from private trackers than from the public ones, as public torrents are mostly monitored by anti-piracy outfits. Living in a country with pretty strict anti-piracy laws, I'll take private trackers over public trackers anytime.

I don't follow rules that is why I torrent in the first place, I do however give back the same if not more than I take.
Most rules on private trackers just contain the obligatory things of which a BitTorrent-savvy user knows at least 90%.
The rest is just "Follow the rules or else!!!11". As long as you are not doing something really crazy all is fine.
Never changed my torrenting habits so far - instead, I even seed more than I usually do.
The rule I meant was "sharing is caring" - not necessarily the rules of a tracker itself. They all vary, of course, but down to the core everything is the same. Some rules may be plain stupid (e.g. limiting the port range of your BT-client), most are just the usual torrenting stuff.

From what I seen most of them ask for email information, force browsers with Java script enabled and block tor and other privacy networks - maybe not all just the few I tried.
Well, of course. Accounts and such.
I do not have any idea about the Java script thing, but honestly: what websites do not have Java script these days. NoScript on and my usual suspects of private trackers still work.
Blocking Tor/VPNs is for the reason that the IP you are using is synchronized with the IP you are using with your BitTorrent-client (unless you own a seedbox). Some admins are cool with using VPNs, one might just have to tell them that they are using a VPN.

Let me cut the whole thing down - if you live in a country with lax anti-piracy laws and you are fine with getting your wanted content on public trackers, then it's cool.
I'm not the guy talking people down for using public trackers if they are happy for what they receive, and I will never be the person to look for "quality releases". I guess it comes down to the situation you are in: in what country you are living (with its laws and the enforcement), your likings ect.
Again, I'll take private trackers over public trackers due to the local anti-piracy laws I have to live with.
by Pete on 2018/10/07 07:42:52 PM    
Blocking Tor/VPNs is for the reason that the IP you are using is synchronized with the IP you are using with your BitTorrent-client (unless you own a seedbox).
They usually explain themselves like that but it isn't true. Your Bittorrent client is identified by a random key contained in a tracker's URL address inside a torrent file. They forbid VPNs because it is easier then to ban members by IP addresses.
by Guest on 2019/12/06 02:30:58 AM    
Long time Tixati user, but recently new to private trackers.
I have just discovered this ban also. Its quite frustrating actually. The best torrent client banned because they simply couldn't be bothered?
Ill leave the private tracker before I change clients, everytime.
by Guest on 2019/12/08 05:41:05 PM    
And if add an feature to spoof the client name to an whitelisted name, like utorrent or vuze, so tixati can be identified as utorrent and allowed in any private traker, this can solve the ignorance of this trackers!
Page 3 of 3     <<<123   >   >>  
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server