Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why is Tixati Banned on almost all private trackers
Page 2 of 3     <<<123>>>
by Pete on 2013/11/26 02:17:07 PM    
I think the reason why this function was added are whitelists. The question is: will Tixati be whitelisted, when peer id change function disappears? I doubt it. Without the function, I would be forced to change client or leave 2 private sites, where I use spoofed Tixati without problem so far. I'm 99% sure Tixati will never be allowed there, with or without peer id change function.
by Guest on 2014/05/18 06:48:38 PM    
why can't the UNFAVORABLE be banned for becoming bloatware and infecting our computers with UNNECESSARY resource chewers? like we don't need the music , art and other apps that SOME torrent clients now offer and I personally hate that. these type of clients suck crap and don't deserve to be called good anymore. ( yeah I had to rebuild my comp  after a utorrent episode where a UTORRENT APP INFECTED MY COMPUTER!!!!!) ive been using tixati for a few years now and quite happy with it the rest of these wanna be's who are blocking tixati are the real criminals. THEY don't WANT you to have a GOOD running system or a functional computer so they'll try and get you to use bloatware and ransomware and crash your comp to a paperweight and LAUGH when your comp DOES die. i'll stick with tixati where I can and look for an alternative  that's NOT UTORRENT or any other thats   that's not blocked or bloatware thanks.
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/20 08:36:28 PM    
Quite frankly with peer ID being changeable why care if it is banned? So you get caught, many trackers out there. You could change a client if caught and claim the only reason you changed ID is because Tixati is so good you really don't want to change but will. That excuse will work and you never know they may make an exception and allow you to continue, as long as you don't lie and claim you did not make the change. Some trackers know you are doing but the sites do nothing, mainly because Tixati gets good reviews and behaves well. That said you best not be doing anything else, because they will throw tests at you.
by Biep on 2014/08/09 08:54:15 PM    
Just making sure..
Aren't the larger statistics the ones including protocol bytes?  Tixati can report file bytes only or file + protocol bytes.
by Pete on 2014/08/09 09:28:58 PM    
Tixati reports only file bytes to a tracker. However it may "waste" some file bytes by downloading the same blocks from multiple peers. I don't know if and how often that happens. Most likely only when a few last pieces of a torrent are obtained. Also the "Abandoned Piece Timeout" set to anything except "Never" (default) may cause some extra data downloaded.
by Guest on 2014/08/28 10:55:38 AM    
Anybody knows if this bad data reporting problem has been solved in the most recent 1.97 or 1.98 versions? This is probably the only thing keeping me from moving to Tixati.

Thanks.
by John on 2014/08/28 09:23:55 PM    
Tixati runs OK on all private trackers and it is NOT banned.

The only problems with the program were the stability issues, which are being addressed in the new fixed versions and the expected optimised Tixati 2.00.
by Guest on 2014/11/29 11:38:40 AM    
IT IS banned on some big private trackers. Until this doesn't change, T's popularity will not increase, as it deserves.
As suggested already, please hide/remove/make inaccessible those features that got T banned in the first point.
by Pete on 2014/11/30 01:24:39 PM    
Most people don't use any private trackers. Tixati can be popular without acceptance of private tracker operators.
by Guest on 2015/02/05 12:30:08 PM    
Please reconsider changing this. If you don't want to change the main release, how about creating a copy version that cannot spoof. "Tixati-B" (I know that's a terrible idea but that's all I've got.) Private trackers (at least the ones I've used) are waaaay faster than public and much safer as well. There are serious advantages that just can't be found elsewhere. As far as Tixati still being banned after spoofing is disabled, it's possible, but from what I've read the ONLY reason it's banned is the spoofing, and once that is removed Private trackers will welcome it with open arms.
by Guest on 2015/07/25 12:09:15 PM    
I just got banned from a torrent site for using Tixati.  I love Tixati and I also love the torrent site.  Is there any chance the Tixati developers will address the concerns of the torrent site and make the appropriate changes?  

Thanks
Steve
by John on 2015/07/26 07:22:59 AM    
Please remove the client spoofing feature. It is useless and it gets Tixati banned on private tackers.

I'm planning to move to Tixati for both seeding and downloading (now I'm only downloading with it) and for both private and open trackers, so the private tracker issue is a big deal for me and for many other users.
by Guest on 2015/07/27 02:15:59 PM    
Please stop asking...

Edit- To the guy who got banned...  Should have read the rules for the site you claimed to love....
by Guest on 2015/07/28 04:12:16 PM    
I think it is not fair not having right to ask, unless asked by staff Stop asking because we do not want to put off the feature.

I did read once FAQ/RULE on a private tracker which i am member, since then i stoped using Tixati for the same reasons that appear ^above by two users.

But i loved Tixati for the time i used.
by Guest on 2015/07/29 12:30:45 AM    
The devs made it clear early on that they WILL NOT remove the 'change your local peer ID' feature.

Those that use private trackers that do not allow tixati either have to convince their private tracker to allow tixati or pretend to be one of the approved, crappier clients. Those are your choices.

Or you can not use crappy authoritarian private trackers.
by Guest on 2015/07/29 03:34:29 AM    
Please remove the client spoofing feature. It is useless and it gets Tixati banned on private tackers.

I'm planning to move to Tixati for both seeding and downloading (now I'm only downloading with it) and for both private and open trackers, so the private tracker issue is a big deal for me and for many other users.

Removing this feature will do nothing to change that Tixati is banned on private trackers. Most will fail to notice that there was a change, be too lazy to add it to a whitelist, or condemn it as a "bad client" because of its past features and never move it regardless of changes. Also, since obviously, all the users of said private trackers use whitelisted clients, no one will advocate Tixati to be moved to the whitelist.
by Napsterbater on 2015/07/29 07:14:00 AM    
Banning a client because it can spoof is retarded, You just make the users make the user need to spoof, with the same client...

And supporting sites/trackers with idiotic rules only reinforces their use of idiotic rules.
by Guest on 2015/07/30 10:44:05 AM    
Aside from the fact that Tixati can be used to spoof your reported torrent client, it is also banned for incorrectly reporting statistics. Even if a user spoofs their client, they are at risk of being caught -- and banned -- for ratio cheating. While whitelisting torrent clients may seem like an asinine idea, there is sound reasoning behind it.
by Guest on 2015/07/31 03:55:26 AM    
And tixati does not incorrectly report statistics.
by Guest on 2015/07/31 08:30:14 AM    
Tixati is whitelisted on 8 of the 9 private trackers I'm a member of.

I switched from qBittorrent to Tixati, because it is a single installation unlike other clients that require dependencies to be installed.

I continued to use qBittorrent only on one tracker where Tixati is banned, until October last year when I stopped using two clients (which is the last time I seeded/leeched any torrents on that tracker).

I have been using Tixati since v1.96 on all private trackers except for one where it isn't whitelisted, there I used qBittorrent.

Being a Linux user I tried several native clients, the toss up was between qBittorrent and Tixati (both, light on resources when seeding multiple torrents), and qBittorrent became too much work, requiring downloading (nearly 1GB) to compile less than 4MB qBittorrent & libtorrent-rasterbar builds (only to discover they weren't allowed on that tracker), instead of just installing other clients pre-built .debs (Deluge, KTorrent, Tixati, Transmission, Vuze).

Reasons for not using other clients:

Deluge requires gtk libraries and libtorrent-rasterbar to be installed.
KTorrent hasn't been updated with bug fixes for over 2 years.
qBittorrent requires libtorrent-rasterbar to be installed (and both have to be compiled).
Transmission hasn't been updated with bug fixes for nearly 13 months.
Vuze requires Java to be installed and is resource heavy.

If that tracker had a blocklist instead of a whitelist, all but blocked clients would be allowed, and people wouldn't be forced to use buggy, outdated clients, or simply stop seeding/leeching on that tracker, so after being a member there for 9 years, I stopped using that site.

In my personal opinion, Tixati is the most stable, lag free client I have ever used in 12 years on using BitTorrent clients.

e.g. when using previously qBittorrent, sometimes if I stopped/started torrents or changed ports because of becoming uncorrectable after seeding for weeks, I would have to wait for the tracker announce, before these became visible on the tracker, where as with Tixati this is instantaneous, as soon as I do the previous mentioned actions, they are immediately shown on trackers.
Page 2 of 3     <<<123>>>
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server