Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Please fix RSS

by Guest on 2015/02/13 12:43:20 PM    
Please work on improving RSS next, it's sorely missing a good filtering feature.
Every other client (I've tried qBittorrent, Vuze, uTorrent) has had that for a long time, a place where you can define filters for and a download location for each filter.
So for example, I would add only one feed URL in the RSS feeds, but would setup 10-20 filters for each TV show I want to download. And for each filter I could specify a separate download location. That way only one feed is downloaded, but all the rules are processed and episodes from each show end up in it their own folder.
If Tixati was open source I could probably help to get this in, but as it stands, Tixati is not usable for me. Not sure how anyone else can find the RSS feature usable without separate download locations for different stuff in the feed.
by Guest on 2015/03/06 07:15:31 AM    
Is there a reason that you can't just add the feed multiple times, and use the "match" and "exclude" filters to find the items that you are looking for? This would allow you to use one URL, and set up separate sections for each show, each with its own download location, etc, literally exactly what you're asking for.
by Guest on 2015/03/08 03:36:07 AM    
Yep, and what if I follow 20+ TV Shows and have to switch feeds very often? I'd have to change 20+ feed URLs, while what the 1st post asks for allows me to do it once and also permits separate sections for each show, each with its own download location, etc
by grizlyadams on 2015/04/01 04:17:58 PM    
I have 35 programs feeds set up - all using the same rss url(which is stable now, but i had to change it a lot in the past which was a pain). it would be nice to specify  a list of your own feeds and then in each download config choose which of your feeds you want to use, BUT you can add more than one rss URL to each feed.

You can specify different download locations for each feed (in "created transfer options") but i've stopped using that as I use Media Centre Master to sweep the single download folder and move the files to their correct destination folders and download all the program info and images to have another program that runs on the.

my main problem with rss now is the ongoing intermittent parsing errors . .
by Guest on 2015/04/21 11:47:34 AM    
by Guest on 2015/04/22 07:56:53 PM    
Is RSS now fixed in 2.11?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server