Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Using Tixati on Headless TorrrentBox

by Guest on 2015/02/10 09:23:26 PM    
Hi,

I'm exploring the idea of building a Linux TorrentBox, and using Tixati as the torrent client. The box will be headless (no monitor/keyboard/mouse attached) and controlled largely with ssh and/or web interface.

I've tested Tixati's web interface on a local machine and it work flawlessly. My only questions are:

1. How can I set the category of a torrent using the web interface, assuming I already setup/define several custom categories beforehand?

2. In Settings/Web Interface, there's the "HTML Templates" section. It is set to "(use default templates)", and there's "Select Folder" button. Does this mean I could use my own templates? Where/how can I get some sample templates as well the docs for it? The "Create Examples" button is always greyed.

3. Can Tixati run as daemon only, not needing X windows hence cut down RAM requirements? All normal operations will be controlled by the web interface anyways.

4. Related to #3, can Tixati be configured by editing some config/resource file only, thus not needing to go full GUI only for initial setup on the TorrentBox (hence trimming down X windows/Desktop Environment altogether from the base OS)?

Thanks
by jzn2 on 2015/04/25 03:08:20 PM    
Once you select a folder the create examples button will enable.
by Guest on 2015/09/18 08:36:16 AM    
This is perhaps not on the topic but I was trying to figure out a way to do something similar

but with the host box running Mac OS X, I thought there would be a way to take the Linux executable they have of Tixati and somehow use HomeBrew to install GTK

requirements, but I've failed many times.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server