Off Topic
Report problems with the forum itself, or any thing else not specific to Tixati
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati on MacOS - please please PLEASE

by Guest on 2022/07/17 02:19:03 PM    
Hello :)

I bought my first MacBook. One of the most shocking things I have discovered is just how ridiculously useless the Torrent clients available for MacOS are.

I'm serious. Words cannot describe the utter garbage all these clients for Mac are. I've tried them all. ALL !!!

NONE of them have the option to download sequentially, set priority, check/uncheck individual files etc. Absolutely terrible customisability.

Therefore, objectively: Tixati for MacOS would have NO competition WHATSOEVER. None. Zero.

I would pay a f*cking subscription for Tixati on Mac - 2 dollars/month billed annually.

I can't be the only one who thinks this. Tixati on Mac would be revolutionary for torrenting on Mac.

I know there are emulators and WinVMs, but the CPU usage is too big... :(

So please, please, please, reconsider releasing a MacOS version. You could make serious money with a subscription model or paid version. PLUS you would do a lot of Mac user a BIG favour.

Thank you for the works so far.
by Arniceous on 2022/10/12 09:38:43 AM    
no macfuckup requests you really should toss it and chew some open-source flavour you can learn or go win~
by Guest on 2022/10/16 03:39:13 AM    
Thanks for the kind words.

I really would like to make a Mac version, but honestly at the moment there just isn't enough demand to justify all the work that would be required, and there's a mountain of urgent work in other areas that is a high priority for us.

We actually did some of the preliminary work toward this last year, but there were difficulties in getting a suitable build and debug environment up and running, as well as some issues with the different virtualization platforms not playing nice with OSX (we don't have any actual Macs here).

Once we reach a few more development goals and have some more time to spare, we will definitely re-evaluate the situation and perhaps give it another try.

I wish I had a more positive answer for you, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up prematurely.

by KH on 2016/01/05 11:04:58 PM

Source: https://forum.tixati.com/offtopic/188
by Guest on 2022/11/03 09:07:50 AM    
My mac really needs TIXATI, the best torrent client, no doubt
Cheers
by notaLamer on 2022/12/11 03:02:32 PM    
I'd like to add that to publish an app on Apple's App Store costs money to pay for the developer account. That's the ecosystem you chose, where the only official way to distribute a free program is to pay money. Are you willing to?
PS: Maybe Tixati should have a price tag for MacOS like the free Greenshot screenshot capture tool does.
by Guest on 2023/09/16 11:49:23 AM    
I have moved away from Windows and I am now on MacOS (specially due to the linux under it). I will miss TIXATI A LOT!
by Guest on 2023/10/13 02:17:31 AM    
I have moved away from Windows and I am now on MacOS (specially due to the linux under it).
You probably could've stuck with Windows and enjoyed using Tixati if you'd only known about WSL. No real need to go the walled-garden MacOS way if you just need Linux and don't want to dual-boot or install it separately in a VM.
by Guest on 2023/10/21 01:14:39 AM    
The work would be a lot simpler using GTK3/GTK4 and the POSIX api provided by Mac OS instead of the non unix like object-oriented Coaca API, namely foundation kit, app kit, database kit and so on. Use Xquartz instead of the macOS display postscript compositor in the Aqua graphical user interface.
by Guest on 2023/11/08 04:13:58 PM    
I think the same too! please please PLEASE make Tixati to work on MacOS!
by Guest on 2023/11/09 08:35:18 AM    
notaLamer: I'd like to add that to publish an app on Apple's App Store costs money to pay for the developer account... distribute a free program is to pay money. Are you willing to?
Not everything is about money. The Windows code signing certificate currently used is not free either.
And MacOS is not iOS, the App Store usage is not mandatory.
by Guest on 2024/04/03 07:26:43 PM    
+1
thank you

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server