Off Topic
Report problems with the forum itself, or any thing else not specific to Tixati
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati for Mac OS X

by Guest on 2016/01/05 02:54:05 AM    
Hello

I am a big Tixati fan, great program! I want to thank all the developers for their hard work!

I was wondering if there is an OSX port in your plans since there is one for Linux?
by KH on 2016/01/05 11:04:58 PM    
Thanks for the kind words.

I really would like to make a Mac version, but honestly at the moment there just isn't enough demand to justify all the work that would be required, and there's a mountain of urgent work in other areas that is a high priority for us.

We actually did some of the preliminary work toward this last year, but there were difficulties in getting a suitable build and debug environment up and running, as well as some issues with the different virtualization platforms not playing nice with OSX (we don't have any actual Macs here).

Once we reach a few more development goals and have some more time to spare, we will definitely re-evaluate the situation and perhaps give it another try.

I wish I had a more positive answer for you, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up prematurely.
by Guest on 2016/01/06 04:19:07 AM    
Thank you very much for your detailed and honest response, I appreciate your (and the team's) efforts and understand the complications. Thank you for Tixati.
by Guest on 2020/10/20 12:14:21 AM    
I know this is an old topic but have you looked at either of these:

https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM

https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM

I can't comment on setting up a build environment in it but for me the VM runs good except for no video acceleration unless you passthrough a compatabile GPU. I was using macOS-Simple-KVM and it was super easy to setup. I'm making a hackintosh and I'd like to be able to continue using Fopnu and Tixati. When I get it built, I'm going to try Wine. I'll share how it goes and any crash/error logs I get.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server