How to recover Forum User/ Password

by Guest on 2021/12/17 01:09:11 PM    
How can I recover my user/ password ?
by Guest on 2021/12/17 07:29:15 PM    
you really cant, just make a new one.
by Jornweick on 2022/04/19 05:08:55 PM    
I think that there are a button like ,, Forgot my password ''
by Guest on 2023/03/30 05:27:28 PM    
(I created a new topic at https://forum.tixati.com/offtopic/415  to address this issue)

OK, so this sucks. I have never had issues with my log in, but now I apparently have an incorrect password. I use Bitwarden to store my passwords, so I DEFINITELY have the correct password.

I tried reregistering (using the same username) and instead of telling me the username already exists, it says the password (my current "incorrect" one) is longer than the maximum 32 characters. Yep, because mine is and has always been 42 characters long, letting me log in without issues.

So OK, I cloned the password entry in Bitwarden and generated a new 30-character password then tried again, and now it tells me the username already exists.

My only conclusion is that the forum moderators recently lowered the password length from whatever it was to 32 characters, making my username obsolete. I use the same username across all forums, accounts and places where a username is used instead of an email address. So yeah, this REALLY sucks.

Can the moderators PLEASE fix this?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server