Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

File navigator very slow in Tixati?

by nnq2603 on 2013/10/23 07:07:18 AM    
Whenever I need to using Tixati build-in file navigator/browser (Open/Browsing windows), it always too slow (GUI heavy load, and slow respond to mouse click,etc...).

To add a new torrent by Add button in program toolbar, very slow respondence. Drag+drop *.torrent file into it faster, or just double-click *.torrent.

When I need move downloaded files to another location and then continual seed them, I've to use Tixati file/folder navigator (move function in menu) and it's very slow, especially in network mapped drives. But it's even very slow in my local HDD.

Why doesn't Tixati just use default Windows dialogue box/windows like may other clients?... Anyone else face that issue?
by Guest on 2013/10/23 03:29:27 PM    
I see a sluggishness upon first starting, and I "THINK" it's b/c when your first starting the program it's doing a filecheck, and if you have large torrents (Complete Seasons of a TV show or movies?) then the filecheck can take some time.  Once the check is done, everything flows smoothly.  I just taught myself to start the program, walk away and check a little later...

Also when your adding torrents, I BELIEVE it's creating the file structure in your temp drive and again depending on how many your adding and/or how large it can take some time! :)

Hope this helps
by nnq2603 on 2013/10/25 04:09:03 AM    
...when your first starting the program it's doing a filecheck, and if you have large torrents (Complete Seasons of a TV show or movies?) then the filecheck can take some time. Once the check is done, everything flows smoothly.
That's not what I was talking about.

You mean --> You open and in few first seconds (or a bit more depending amount of torrents, etc...), it heavily glitch/lag/slow. After that, it should be smooth. Me --> But it's not, afterward, whenever you do a task involved file browsing/navigating (even you already wait for it finish any file scanning/checking in the 1st step).

When you do any task using file browser/navigater (add/open/location-move dialogue windows), it very slowly responds... If you don't touch any of that (which seem be the case, 'coz you talk about completely different issue), then Tixati runs well.
by Guest on 2013/10/30 11:03:49 AM    
yah me too. tixati very slow throughout
by xotiq on 2013/11/30 09:17:19 PM    
It is very slow especially when searching for a torrent inside a large drive, no matter if you change the process to higher priority.
That's why there is Drag and Drop.

I guess this is the biggest downside of this client.
by nnq2603 on 2013/12/01 05:31:11 AM    
Drag & Drop doesn't help whenever you need to move downloaded content to another location and continually seed them afterward. You can think about different method but end up using Tixati file browser/navigator one way or another... can't avoid it. And that's where people face the very slow response of program.
by crashnburn on 2015/06/19 07:43:21 AM    
I have been having this problem for a long time now.

I cant even change FOLDER config for categories because everytime I use the BROWSE button anywhere in Tixati it goes for a toss.. I can press it, walk away for 10/15 minutes and come back and its still processing.

Seriously.. can you please replace this with a simpler default Windows browsing tree etc.
by Chrome on 2015/06/26 01:04:09 AM    
I can second this crash.  When I try to open the "Move file to upon completion" thing, I hang as soon as I click "computer" in the dialog box to select my downloads directory.  It then crashes out as soon as I try to interact with the UI in any way.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server