Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Bug Hunting - Tixati Freezing - My Findings

by YandereKate on 2016/01/31 06:43:59 PM    
So I have been working to find the source to Tixati freezing "randomly" and for seconds and sometimes minutes at a time.

For the testing I have done so far I found it is related to IO commands read or write and if the disk is busy Tixati goes into a disk sleep state causing lockup.

I have only tested this on Linux (OpenSUSE Tumbleweed x64 - Linux 4.4.0 - Filesystem BTRFS)

I need people on windows to confirm if it happens there.

How I tested it is I started a defrag (sudo btrfs filesystem defragment -r -v /mnt/data/TMP/) on the disk I use for Torrenting to while seeding 100+ torrents. Instant lock up. I stop the defrag and it starts working again.

In layman's terms: High disk read and/or write = Lock up

I'll add more info as I find it.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/01 04:25:24 AM    
I'm on windows 7 Pro and can confirm all too frequent hangs and freezes.

In addition to an internal RAID or 2, my torrents are connected to 2 external USB HDDs which are by nature very slow. If Tixati does in fact wait on disk IO that could explain a lot. At times I hear one of my external HDDs spin up for some new data after going to sleep from prior inactivity which can only exacerbate the problem.
by KH on 2016/02/01 11:51:22 AM    
We're working on this problem right now and are making very good progress.  Please give v2.32 alpha-3 a try when it comes out, which should be in the next few days, and let us know how it goes.  http://testing.tixati.com/
by Guest on 2016/09/23 07:15:39 PM    
Is this simply a disk throughput issue?
Perhaps some suggested settings for how to configure things for "maximum" throughput. This would help adoption of your excellent client KH :D

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server