Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati hangs?

by Guest on 2013/09/26 02:02:17 PM    
Hi, I've been using Tixati gor quite a long time now. Recently I upgraded my PC operating system to Windows 8 (actually, it was half a year ago).
My problem is that since 1.95 (the very first version of tixati I installed on fresh Windows 8) I've been expiriencing random freezez of Tixati, when it just says "program is not responding" etc after running normally for a while. Trying to troubleshoot possible causes I've checked following things:
1. Changed HDD with the folder tixati was supposed to have downloads at. (Changed it both to SSD and 2 HDDs as I had suspicions it could be sleep mode on my main torrent-selected HDD going in action too early). No difference.
2. Turned off sleep mode of my PC completely. No luck.
3. Updated tixati to 1.96 version (latest). No difference either.
4. Run tixati with administrator rights. Nope.
Besides that Tixati goes into "not responding" state I can't even kill the hanging process, even with administrator rights. It just said it coulnd't have killed it due to isufficient rights (access denied).

I'm currently running Tixati 1.96 x64 on Windows 8 Pro. Ready to share any other info to troubleshoot this annoying behaviour. I really like Tixati, especially after they made a complete bloatware out of uTorrent, but this thing keeps driving me crazy day by day.
BTW, my laptop at work running Windows 7 Pro works like a charm, no freezes, no bugs, nothing.
Looking forward for your support, guys. Thanks.
by Guest on 2013/09/29 12:55:43 AM    
I have the exact same problem on Windows 8 x64. Tixati hangs for no apparent reason and task manager can't even kill the process. It requires a reboot to get rid of it.
by Bugmagnet on 2013/09/29 01:03:56 AM    
This behavior has been reported multiple times.

My CPUsage monitor indicates a surge in kernel mode calls driving the total to 100% for a sustained period, 30-60 seconds being common. Since kernel takes precedance over normal user processes, all traffic is stalled. This breaks channel connections as well as torrent transfers. When the kernel panic abruptly ends, all channels are in the yellow and take time to reconnect. Some 'never do', even after hours...but that is (I think) a separate issue.

An ACK from the dev team occasionally on well known problems would help our sanity :)
by DrTeeth on 2013/09/29 03:30:57 PM    
This behaviour also freezes my PC - Win 7-x64.
by krasje on 2013/10/15 08:55:25 AM    
I got the same also win 7 64 .

I got this problem last year also though after the latest update it seemed gone but it's back :-((
by Guest on 2013/11/14 10:44:09 PM    
same issue here... rather irritating.
by Guest on 2013/11/19 07:45:18 PM    
I have noticed that this happens (i.e. Tixati hangs) when my monitor turns on again after being off from power saving mode.
by Guest on 2013/11/20 01:29:59 PM    
Solved my problem by downgrading to 1.95 until a new 1.96 corrects the issues
by Guest on 2013/11/20 06:06:22 PM    
Tixati was freezing everytime (but I was able to kill it) so I deleted channels2.dat and channels2.dat.lastloadok.dat and it works again.
by Guest on 2013/11/20 08:57:41 PM    
Same problem, very frustrating.
by Guest on 2013/12/24 10:15:40 AM    
This behaviour also freezes my PC
by Guest on 2014/01/23 04:31:12 PM    
Got the same problem, can't do anynithing anymore but stil downloading from rss.

Windows Server 2012
by Guest on 2014/01/31 11:38:20 AM    
I have same problem with 1.96.
And I have found out when it happens.
But before I reveal it, I like to comment, it's really annoying it's impossible to kill the process.
Neither in Task Manager nor in Process Explorer/pskill (by Sysinternals/Microsoft).
A restart of the pc is the only thing, and at my place it happens only every 2 weeks!

Now for the observation:
All off the times Tixati had hung, it's a network connection problem.
I have had some issues with my router and Tixati hung.
Then the ISP had some downtime - Tixati hanging again.
Last time, yesterday, I was configuring a new router, with the connection going on and off, and Tixati hang again.
by carlz69 on 2014/03/06 07:13:30 PM    
I am also experiencing the same problem. Installed tixati 1.96 on a fresh windows 8 x64 and it hangs a lot. I have noticed that when I navigate thru buttons and the settings is when the problem happens. Hopefully we will have a fix
by Guest on 2014/03/07 12:32:30 PM    
i have solution
1. Compatibility to vista
2. Run Tixati (with run admin)
3. Close Tixati
4. Change Compatibility normal (i mean unchecklis compatibility mode)

this work for me :)

btw, sorry
i'm bad in english
by Guest on 2014/07/30 09:55:17 PM    
I've been having the same problem as everyone else.  I had a scary moment the other day when Tixati hung completely.  I learnt about taskkill /F and other stuff, but nothing would kill it.  So I rebooted and Windows 7 Pro 64 did not get past the splash screen.  Rebooted again, straight to Windows recovery.  I had wondered if my SSD had buggered itself, but I managed to boot up with a Last Known Good restore.  Nothing lost so all is ok.

But it just did it again.  I sadly thought I'd have to give up Tixati (it's a work computer, can't take this kind of risk), but with the help of the first post on this thread, I actually got out of it, and without rebooting.  I won't pretend to know what's actually happening, but for what it's worth, here is what I did.  It might help someone as the thread did me.

- Before the first hang, I did change one thing in my set-up:  I configured a USB HDD (not SSD) for the Tixati local files, instead of my laptop's SSD.  This was for space reasons and because I was paranoid about the SSD being overworked (this turns out to be ironic, see below).  I had not had a problem with Tixati until I did this.

- When it hung a few minutes ago, and I found this thread, I wondered if the disk might have something to do with it.  I could access the disk with Windows Explorer, and went into the Tixati folder, but after a few seconds the explorer hanged.

- I killed explorer and tried to open another one to see if I could access the disk.  But no explorer window appeared...

- Checking the processes in task manager, there were several explorer.exe processes (I tried a few times to open a window).  I killed them one by one, but one wouldn't die.  I tried taskkill /F on it, no go.  Just like Tixati.

- Then I tried ejecting the disk.  To my surprise, it did eject.  And then...

- Tixati returned!  It comes back and displays an error message saying the download folder is inaccessible.  I plug the disk back in and click try again, and all is back to normal.  Oh, and the the zombie explorer window gave me an error message and then died properly too.

So it seems to be something to do with the disk.  What is curious is that when I googled it before, I read a few experts that say that an unkillable process is usually caused by a buggy device driver that won't let go of I/O operations.  In other words, it's not the software itself, it's the I/O driver it's interfacing with.  This seems exactly what's happening here - once the disk was killed, Tixati was fine, and so was Windows Explorer.  The disk is only using the standard Windows 7 driver, so I don't know why it would hang, but it is a very old disk, so maybe it's just, well, shit.

That's my two cents - other ideas?
by Guest on 2015/02/11 04:29:48 PM    
Go to task manager, and then click the processes find tixati and then click end process. its works...

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server