Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Change Request: No Rename of file extension

by JWvL_software on 2015/07/28 07:50:37 AM    
I frequently rename files but get very frustrated that the file ext in the change filename text box. (filename.ext) This requires me to always select just the filename before each change.

Since changing a file extension would make the file unusable anyway, can you please remove (the dot and) extension change permanently so only the filename can ever be changed and I can make my life much easier.

Thank You very much
by Guest on 2015/07/29 07:05:53 AM    
Agreed. I've been meaning to post the same request for a long time.

It's amazing how such a little change could really make a difference. I too rename a lot of files in torrents so that they're easier to sort etc once downloaded. Would love it if whenever a rename-file/folder/etc dialog opened, only the file name itself is highlighted and not its extension. I can't imagine there ever being much of a need to change a file's extension, so excluding the file extension from being editable entirely is fine by me, but would also happily settle for simply highlighting the filename only by default so that people could just start typing a new file name without affecting the extension.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server