Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Support for torrents with added/updated files

by Guest on 2014/11/05 01:16:49 AM    
It would be nice if i could download a torrent which has a new file in it.
At the moment if i add a torrent with the same name, tixati will prepend (1) to its name and start downloading everything again.
And if i copy the files from old folder to the new one the torrent stops saying that it needs to check files. Sadly 'Force check' menu item doesn't seem to do anything.
What i think should happen is that new torrent just replace the old with the same name, recheck whatever was downloaded and start downloading new pieces.
Thanks, Aleh
by Guest on 2014/11/05 10:37:06 AM    
I don't think that can happen automatically. those two torrents would have different hashes and tixati should see them as different. it should work to move/copy the completed files from the older torrent into the newer torrent if the hashes of the files are the same. once the completed files are in the newer folder force check the torrent. tixati should show the older files as complete in the newer torrent. if not then the files are different.
by Guest on 2014/11/06 01:24:41 AM    
fwiw utorrent does that automagically
by Guest on 2016/10/02 08:13:41 PM    
You can right click -> Local Files -> Rename
This for the top level requires EXACTLY the same structure below for folders\and\files.ext
You will have problems with any files which have shrunk in size. That will receive an error: File too big.
However for all sections which are the same, there will be no issues. Files which have grown, will have different cross-file pieces. Which means depending on the piecesize you still may download quite a bit of duplicated data.

As far as "already downloaded"... you can turn on the setting "error when files moved"

NOTE: When renaming you will go through a lengthy MERGE process. Make sure nothing else is running on that disk. And come back later.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server