Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Hang while preforming large local system file tranfers

by Guest on 2014/09/13 04:24:40 AM    
v1.99

Operation environment:
OS Drive: 'C:'
Torrent temp and dnld/upload dir drive: 'E:'
Transferring 1GB - 10GB files from Drive 'H:' to Drive 'I:'

Program stops responding, interface freezes, all transfers freeze until the file transfer completes then acts like normal, reconnecting to all lost peers.
How can local file transfers between separate drives in the system (single partition per drive) effect this program's operation? I have a high end gaming system with only the clinet running, no background user processes as I am stingy with my system resources. Not the first time this happened but I shall just wait untill the torrent completes then make my transfers, only fix currently available. I would still use no other client though.
by Guest on 2014/09/13 11:40:22 AM    
i just did this experiment and there are no probs for me xfering files between drives, and i've never heard of anyone else having this kind of problem

do u have any anti-virus or automatic backup utilities / sync utilities running in the background? obviously something must be different/highly unusual on your system...

open your resource monitor and watch the tixati process when this is happening

is it using 0% CPU or 100 % CPU when this happening

i would bet it is 0%, implying there is some blocking going on for basic filesystem calls (and the Help>Diagnostic Tools>File Operations log would confirm this)

regardless, i think the best bet is to audit what is running on your machine and weird driver softwares etc... good luck

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server