Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Crash as soon as "Add" is clicked

by Guest on 2014/09/10 01:11:56 AM    
I am getting consistent crashes everytime I click tbe Add button, this has been like this for the past few versions and even 1.99 has this problem.
It is not just the dialogue taking a long time to load, the Windows popup Tixati has stopped working dialogue appears whenever Add was clicked.
I am running on 64 bit Windows 7 using 64-bit version of Tixati.

Many thanks

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:BEX64
 Application Name:tixati.exe
 Application Version:1.99.0.0
 Application Timestamp:54091887
 Fault Module Name:ieframe.dll_unloaded
 Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:53f26cbd
 Exception Offset:000007fee6ac2ddb
 Exception Code:c0000005
 Exception Data:0000000000000008
 OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
 Locale ID:2057
 Additional Information 1:7047
 Additional Information 2:70471311b4575187ffc926d5bd7771d2
 Additional Information 3:de91
 Additional Information 4:de91ea944f87669c97fc9cda33839622
by Guest on 2014/09/12 07:00:25 PM    
Some things I'd try as troubleshooting:

-Scan your system for potential virus infections;

-Temporarily disable your antivirus/security software;

- Temporarily disable any "exotic" background programs (start with all those cute little icons you have on your taskbar);

- Completely uninstall Tixati, then re-install it;

If all of the above produce no results, you may want to consider a thorough virus clean from a boot disk followed by a complete format and reinstall of your operative system, because at that point it would be obvious something's not right with it.
by Guest on 2015/02/24 01:20:03 AM    
I've also been having the same issue recently. Up until a few weeks ago, everything worked out fine. My system is OK, clean, no issues what-so-ever elsewhere. And there haven't been any significant changes in the system setup as well. Maybe it's an isolated issue in Tixati that only starts to happen after a specific time of utilization? Or even a specific time of seeding a file?
by Sailor24 on 2015/02/28 06:07:11 PM    
This is a windows fault but may not be windows itself. Tixati got slow for me several weeks ago and I tracked down the problem to be my smart phone software. Windows and many other programs will auto update without you knowing and change the system files.

First thing to do when a "new" problem arises is go to windows restore and restore to a point for two windows updates before you had the problem. That usually takes care of the problem but it will be back as soon as you let something update. Change the system to only allow updates with your permission. It is also best for the short term to change User account control  to high or above to let you know that a program wants to change things. Change it back once done troubleshooting. Eventually a proggy will update and the problem will start again. At that point go back and restore to a point prior to the last update.

Once you find the guilty party you can either set it to no updates or delete it from your system if you don't use it.
by Guest on 2015/03/02 02:19:46 PM    
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that "not letting windows update" is the solution.
Denying Windows to update is not only NOT a solution, but eventually, as time passes, a serious security issue.
Now, I'm not one of those guys in FAVOR of EVERY update in Windows. I have my system to only update at my command and only download the updates that I want. I'm still at Windows 8 instead of 8.1 because I believe in the expression: "Don't try to fix what's not broken".
Still, as I said above, at long term, that will be problematic. Not letting Windows take any update will cause problems in long term, not only in security, but also in program compatibility...
Also, If I'm not mistaken, each time you "back-track" your system, you lose newer files of the system, not only system files, but personal files...
by Guest on 2015/03/03 02:09:55 PM    
... And miraculosly it's working again.... Weird... Thing is, I don't have a single clue why it's working again....
I'm "Guest" from posts #3 and #5.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server