Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Core2 data files corrupt - trying to restore transfers.

by Guest on 2014/09/02 02:29:45 PM    
I had some corruption issues with my filesystem and ended up losing all of my transfers while migrating to a new hard drive. By actually using the search function, I learned that all transfers are in the core.dat and core2.dat files, and that copying over those files should migrate the transfers.

Question: I copied over the files, and didn't get a corruption error/warning. However, the fresh tixati install will not load the files - it silently resets them to 4 kb empty files. The versions are the same, 1.96. Is there some way to repair the core files, or could there be some other issue preventing the manual restore?

Thank you so much,
-A
by Guest on 2014/09/02 08:17:10 PM    
What you're doing should work if the core files are still intact.

But it sounds like the core files have corruption.

You could try just the core.dat and not core2.dat and see if that works, but it's a longshot.
by Guest on 2014/09/03 03:59:37 PM    
So you are suggesting that core.dat is what contains the transfers? What does core2.dat contain? Unfortunately, I have valid core2.dat files, but my core.dat file is damaged.

I have no problem going in with my trusty hex editor to fix it, or salvage what I can from it, but I would need to know what I am looking for. May I have at least some hints to the structure? If I can just retrieve the magnet links, or even the names, of just some of the files, I will be an ultra happy camper.

Thank you for the response sir,
-A
by Guest on 2014/09/07 06:50:01 AM    
Anyone? Can maybe a dev shed some light on this?

Extremely appreciated,
-A
by Wiccio on 2015/10/26 05:55:11 PM    
Same situation. I have the core.dat damaged (not the core2.dat) and I can't restore the torrent files that I had before of the backup of my hard-disk. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a solution. :(

Someone else have any suggestion?
by Guest on 2015/10/26 06:12:17 PM    
you could try the solution in this thread:

http://forum.tixati.com/support/1766/

or maybe this one will help:

http://forum.tixati.com/support/837/

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server