Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

by Guest on 2014/08/18 01:55:00 AM    
Hello Folks, I am new to the forum so please forgive me if i am going over old ground!!
I have had Tixati v1.96 for a few months, i have been getting some great download speeds of up to 4,000k at times, but the past couple of days the speeds have really gone very low and i am wondering why.
The bandwidths were preset to 50 KB/s for incoming and outgoing data, i have done a speed test for uploading on my internet connection and that worked out at about 2.01 Mbps, this in turn works out at 70% capacity of about 175 KB/s according to the calculations given in the user guide.
So i am wondering if i should change the bandwidths to 175 KB/s for incoming and outgoing data,or should the incoming bandwidth be greater,---- my download test speed was about 31 Mbps.
Does anybody have any ideas as to what to do as i am  at a bit of a loss with this torrent technology and i am findig understanding the Tixati user guide a bit hard.
Also one other point i have noticed from first installing Tixati the dowload speeds fluctulate a great deal, is this normal with torrent sourced data.
by Pete on 2014/08/18 09:16:37 PM    
Try these limits:
Incoming KB/s: 3000
Outgoing KB/s: 175

On public torrents you rarely will get that download speed, see if the upload is stable. If it'll be OK, you may try to increase limits to 4000/200 and see what happens.

With torrents there are usually some fluctuations in speed, it is normal. In the help guide (Optimize Tixati) you can find a picture of bandwidth graphs, showing how they should look like if set correctly. If your upload is never stable, like on that picture, you probably set limits too high (outgoing, incoming or both). I'd start testing on lower settings, then slowly increase them.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server