Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Filter tab for RSS feeds

by Dragget on 2014/08/14 07:30:48 AM    
I've been using uTorrent for a long time but one of the torrent sites I frequent doesn't allow that client anymore because it causes problems with their credit system, so I thought to try Tixati as an alternative. Unfortunately I ran into a problem while attempting to set up filters for my RSS feed. There seems to be a feature to specify episode ranges (which I need) but I can't seem to find a way to add multiple filters to a single RSS feed. Am I missing something here or is it only possible to have one filter per feed?
by Guest on 2014/08/15 02:42:18 PM    
look at the filter section of this page:

by Dragget on 2014/08/16 05:00:31 AM    
That was the first place I looked. On the "Filter" tab there are 3 items you can set: Match, Exclude, and Episode range. They work just like I expect they would, which would be fine if I was only looking for one item per RSS feed. Unfortunately, I need to match for several different shows, and the "Filter" tab only allows for one. The way it seems to be set up, I'd have to create a separate RSS entry for each show I want to download, and I'm thinking that with 10-12 different shows my client will be hammering the feed every time it updates.
by Dragget on 2014/08/25 07:02:18 AM    
Any info on this? I'd really appreciate an answer.
by Guest on 2014/08/25 03:30:31 PM    
under match, use any and then add whatever shows you want to see. or exclude and add the shows you dont want. you can add more than one .
by Dragget on 2014/08/26 03:09:56 PM    
Yeah OK I can see how that might work, but there is also the "Episode Range" field. How am I supposed to set that up for multiple shows when there is only ONE range provided? Without that it's going to pull everything that matches the show titles in the feed, not just the range(s) I want. Another problem is that "Any" is going to match any word in the list, which could get messy if I try to add more than 2 or 3 different shows to it. Unless there is some way for it to distinguish between "Some?Show" and "Some?Other?Show", for example, it could end up downloading something I don't want simply because it contains a word from one of the other search terms I entered under Match with the "Any" modifier.

Here is the bottom line: at this point, the RSS filter tab doesn't appear to be flexible enough for this use. If there were an option to enter multiple filters per RSS feed, each one with its own SEPARATE Match/Exclude/Episode Range fields, that would work perfectly for this situation. Azureus and uTorrent both have this feature but unless I am missing something, Tixati does not. In the mean time I am manually downloading using Tixati from one site that does not allow uTorrent, and still using uTorrent for another site where it is allowed. It would sure be nice to not have to use two torrent clients at once and be able to automate both of them.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server