Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Download is placed in "download" file and not torrents file?

by Guest on 2014/08/11 12:59:37 AM    
Upon completion, the download is placed in download file instead of torrents file... even though in settings the completed file is the torrents file.  Why is that?
by Sailor24 on 2014/08/11 04:43:52 AM    
Settings /transfers/local files the first choice sets where you start the torrent. The second choice, if checked moves the file to this location upon completion. I suspect you will find the answer to your question by looking there.
by Guest on 2014/08/13 09:40:22 AM    
Apologies if this is not quite the same problem.

Situation: Linux

Folder structure:
~/Torrents
~/Torrents/Incomplete
~/Torrents/Torrent files

Tixati Settings:

Default download location - ~/Torrents/Incomplete
Upon completion, move to this location - ~/Torrents
Incomplete piece storage location - ~/Torrents/Incomplete

I don't really understand the difference between Default download location and Incomplete piece storage location? Also, why is the option to save the .torrent file not included. Personally, I don't want to download these and then open them, but when opening a torrent file in Tixati, the files are placed in ./tmp, so if I wanted to keep a file I'd need to move it manually...
by Guest on 2014/08/14 04:03:56 AM    
Transfers/Meta-info: you can save .torrent file to your designated location.
by Pete on 2014/08/14 08:01:28 AM    
From Tixati help page:
Incomplete Piece Storage

This is where the software will store small fragments of downloaded pieces before they are complete. The data is stored separately because only complete pieces can be hash-checked for integrity, therefore it would be dangerous to save this data into the main downloaded file. This location should have at least 40-50 MB of free space available otherwise data may be lost between sessions.

To save torrent files automatically go to Settings > Transfers > Meta-Info and select a folder under "Save a .torrent file in this folder when a new transfer starts". After that a copy of a torrent file for each started transfer will be saved in that location.
by Guest on 2014/08/18 09:08:31 AM    
Thank you both. I missed the meta-info.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server