Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

File destination question (New user, former utorrent user)

by Guest on 2014/08/09 03:42:45 PM    
Got sick of all the crashes in utorrent and decided to try this program.

I do have a question/request (if the ability doesn't already exist).

Is there a way to stop the the file(s) from being put into a sub-folder and only directly into the folder you request it to be in?
As I know it now I have to manually move the file out of the Tixati created folder and place it in the folder I want.
Please don't confuse the location of the torrent I specify during download with the individual file I wish within that torrent.
This was one thing I really like about utorrent was the ability to uncheck create sub-folder.

Thanks
by Somename3 on 2014/08/20 08:03:04 PM    
Yes, I'm missing this feature too.
I think there could be an option to make that default to download files (and folders of 2nd level) directly to desired location.
by Guest on 2014/08/23 02:02:11 AM    
As a long time uTorrent and Tixati user, I admit I'm a bit of a loss there. I simply don't recall uTorrent having such an option, and in fact, having just checked its settings (v2.2.1), I can't find one. Frankly, I'm not sure it would be logical to have one. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, I'm not sure - but judging from the number of replies to this topic, I might not be the only one.

What files go in each subfolder is a prerogative of the uploader who creates a torrent and its file and folder structure. Bittorrent clients just have to download said torrent with that same pre-defined file and folder structure. Adjustments to it can be made by users at their own filesystem's level, posterior to downloading. On that field Tixati is far more versatile than uTorrent, since it allows direct rename and move of contents on the user's filesystem even as a torrent is still downloading, as opposed to uTorrent, on which such alterations would have to be made externally (i.e. your OS file explorer) and the torrent job stopped, then manually redacted in uTorrent to reflect the new structure - and even then, changing the subfolder structure of a torrent wouldn't make sense, since that would make it incompatible with the existing one and thus unseedable.

Somename3 - unless I indeed misinterpreted the OP's post, that is not what he was talking about. And you can find the option to download your torrents to whatever folder, default or not, you wish, by simply perusing your Tixati client's settings, the same as you can change it any time you want!
by Pete on 2014/08/23 10:53:03 PM    
On "Add New Torrent" screen uTorrent (3.3.2 at least) has an option "Create Subfolder", if turned off it omits the top folder of a torrent. uTorrent does have an option to move and rename files or folders called "Relocate", it works when a torrent is running. Tixati is far more convenient and predictable when moving/renaming files.
by Somename3 on 2014/08/25 12:42:50 PM    
On "Add New Torrent" screen uTorrent (3.3.2 at least) has an option "Create Subfolder", if turned off it omits the top folder of a torrent.
Yes, this is the option I miss (and the option OP was talking about I suppose).

Tixati has nice "location" option (when adding new torrent) indeed, but I need to use it for every multi-file torrent: first press "Select All", then right-click mouse button, select location, and then select my download folder. Would be nice to have this enabled by default somewhere in options or the checkbox which will save last used state like in uTorrent now.

(In older uTorrent versions when adding new torrent there was full path specified which you could edit and remove the subfolder from it. I think checkbox is more useful now.)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server