Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

No support for VPN and mobile broadband connection

by Guest on 2014/07/30 11:33:28 PM    
Tixati seems to lack basic support for quick automatic switch to VPN (SoftEther + VPN Gate), unlike uTorrent, actually Tixati doesn't seem to like VPN connections at all and
Tixati crashes my Huawei E3276 modem if I use LTE (using Huawei Mobile Partner to connect). I have to restart my PC and enable WCDMA so Tixati couldn't crash my system.
I think there would be no problems if I could use internet without problems, but my internet is filtered with deep packet inspection to prevent the startup connections to DHT and trackers. I have to turn on VPN to get access to DHT and trackers and then I can turn VPN off, uTorrent quickly detects VPN, refreshes data and can use the information to download the file after VPN is closed. Tixati needs to be shut down before activating VPN. And in no circumstances should Tixati be used with LTE via Huawei E3276 modem, otherwise I need to powercycle all devices. Tixati seems to bypass DPI in LTE and quickly gets fastest speed, downloads few percentages of the file, but only for 5 seconds or so, then something crashes, can not disconnect via Huawei Mobile Partner, modem very very hot. Possible damage caused by Tixati.
Tixati seems to be meant for "perfect" cable connection instead, lack of testing in all possible environments?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server