Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How to continue seeding

by Guest on 2014/07/30 10:04:42 AM    
So let's say I am uploading 12 torrents after I've finished downloading them.  The way the program is set, after the torrent reaches the ratio then it stops seeding.  Eventually all torrents stop seeding.

What I would like to see happen is for completed ratio torrents to start seeding again later on.  It should look at the number of active uploads and upload speed and make a decision on whether to allow completed ratio torrents to continue or not.  This way my connection gets utilized and I will exceed the 1.0 seeding.

Example: 12 torrents completed download.  Two of them are still trying to reach their 1.0 ratio while the exceeded torrents just sit there.  Is there a way I can do the above?  Allow the completed torrents to upload again?
by Bugmagnet on 2014/08/05 04:33:30 AM    
Settings/Transfers/general/Auto Start-Stop

uncheck all the "Stop" lines

restart torrents.

I'm currently seeding well over 700 torrents. tixati is tough. It can handle it.

selecting which torrents get priority is not as simple as it should be...for example there is no sortable count for # of seeds and peers for a given torrent nor any seed/peer ratio. But if my prayers get answered, some improvements along this line might be forthcoming as the code gets re-written.
by Guest on 2014/08/06 09:58:25 AM    
It's not about the capabilities of Tixati, I just want to be able to seed all my torrents with at least a 1.0 ratio before continuing to seed them.  BUT, for example, if there are 2 remaining torrents to seed and I set the program to allow 4 simultaneous uploads, then the program should allow the seeding of the already completed ones.  I don't know what kind of torrents you seed, but the kind of torrents I get are weekly shows which I delete from my hard drive after watching so I can watch the next week's show.  Yes, I don't have to delete the shows, but that makes my torrent list more complicated and long to follow and then I have to scroll through a long list to figure out which are the current torrents.  I know there is an organization system as well, but I don't have to do ANY of this with uTorrent.  I just don't like how uTorrent is owned by a corporation, which is probably a reason why many switched.

So yeah, I can continue to use Tixati as is but this means all my torrents will stop at 1.000 seed ratio OR I have to forego the option of having all my torrents reaching 1.000 ratio before continued seeding.  With uTorrent I didn't have these issues.  Anyone want to advise what I can do or is there currently no way to accomplish the above?
by Sailor24 on 2014/08/07 12:31:22 AM    
If you are in tab view highlight a torrent. Now choose the tab "options" and now click seeding. You can change your ratio there. My suggestion would be to allow torrents to stop at 1 then when you see them stopped go to this view and change the ratio and restart it. Depending on how you have your seeding and queue slots set it will turn on once you have finished your 1 ratio torrents.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/08/08 05:49:22 AM    
A torrent can be selected from any Transfer view -- tab, tree or split to make this setting for an individual torrent to override the global default settings.

Tixati/Transfers - Right Click on a torrent then click "Properties"
from the Properties dialog, click the "Options" Tab, then click the  button on the right

The "Upload Ratio Limit" can then be changed for this specific torrent to override your global default Ratio setting.
by Guest on 2014/08/11 11:29:16 PM    
I guess that's a tedious way of doing it.  Having to constantly monitor my torrents and then force those upload options.  But I'm assuming from the replies that there is no auto setting for this.  Ah well.
by Sailor24 on 2014/08/12 10:24:17 AM    
There are better ways to do things than that approach. Some torrents need more help than others. For myself, I upload files that have few seeds to a higher ratio. I rarely seed back 1-1 on a torrent that has a large number of seeds. My upload bandwidth is limited to I put it all to weak torrents.

On the homepage of the prog it tells you your overall ratio. If you want 1-1 then use that as your guide but seed things with less seeds, better for the community  and much easier to manage.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server