Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

My incoming Tixati Port is getting hit hard

by dwpsco on 2014/07/30 01:41:18 AM    
So I changed my incoming port for Tixati the other day and when I did I removed the firewall rule allowing it and changed it to the new port.  But as soon as I did I noticed ALOT of firewall blocks on my old Tixati port... ALOT of blocks. Concerned I blocked my new Tixati incoming port that had only been open for one download and it too was getting hit HOURS after Tixati was shut down. Thing is the new port had never been hit before, I checked.  So why do people start hitting the Tixati Port? Is there a security concern? I have shut down all ports for Tixati and won't be using it again unless i can get some clear answers on this.
by Pete on 2014/07/31 08:53:27 AM    
I think it is normal with every bittorrent client. Tixati uses the port for incoming connections and incoming DHT messages. Even without any running torrent you'll most likely see a lot of UDP traffic because of the DHT running. I also see incoming connections on the port hours after Tixati is shutdown. This is because trackers keep IP addresses for some time, even hours after the client stops, so peers are just still getting your IP address from a tracker and trying to connect.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server