Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Very Old Bug

by RobRoy on 2024/10/07 11:43:51 PM    
Hello. For many years (I have been using Tixati since 2011) there has been a problem with some unicode characters.

The client cannot correctly add resources created in other clients.

The most common error (screenshot):

https://cdn-thumbs.imagevenue.com/1c/a6/49/ME15G6N3_t.jpg

With symbols like this:

~1

Tixati does not understand this symbol (and a lot of others, say, large indents in file numbering, etc.) creates a new one, repeatedly, duplicating folders and files.

_1

Tixati does not recognize for example U + 223C (?) as a result, it is impossible to hash the original torrent.

Or like this:

.pad

Tixati again breaks the resource, creates files and folders with this name:

_pad

etc.

This problem has existed since the release of Tixati, I already reported it here once two years ago, nothing has changed. I kindly ask you to fix it so that you can fully work with resources created in other clients.

Please do something about this long-standing problem.
Thank you.
by Guest on 2024/10/08 03:31:54 PM    
use https://postimages.org/  for posting image
by notaLamer on 2024/10/12 12:18:05 PM    
The image hosting works. Transcription of image:
it shows two of the same file. The first is named "~1" and the second is named "_1" therefore it looks like one is a duplicate of another
by Guest on 2024/10/13 01:44:14 PM    
@notalamer

whether host works or not was never mentioned thus irrelevant. use postimages only
by RobRoy on 2024/10/16 06:57:21 PM    
Okay, it doesn't matter what hosting you use. The image above is from the previous warning about this awesome bug that has never been fixed. I just copied a message from two years ago (the bug is still not fixed).

An additional illustration of this awesome bug that interferes with working with torrents.

Tixati does not see the space created in another client (all other current clients see this space and correctly hash such torrents). Accordingly, Tixati again creates a bunch of new folders and files. And again this is a bug that has not been fixed since the release of the client, which greatly interferes with working with the client.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server