Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Sorting file names for a torrent with large number of files

by Guest on 2024/08/12 07:14:24 PM    
Used version 3.28, 64-bit build for Windows.

There is some kind of mistake in sorting algorithm implementation for files list view of a transfer with large amount of not-nested files in a single directory (e.g. 1000). When doing 'Name' sort, some parts look sorted (and start of the whole list looks more or less sorted), but list ultimately is not sorted as there are a lot of unsorted values or even ranges of values. Sorting by 'Bytes', however, looks just random, without a single sorted range of values inside of it, at least for files with 'Off' priority that is.

libgen torrent-files could be used as a reference for that problem reproducibility. Hope that helps. Thank you.
by appyface on 2024/08/23 03:43:32 PM    
I have seen this as well. I use Linux version.

Same issue with peer list. I like to sort descending on peer %, the 100% peers all appear to come to the top but then it seems random - after the 100% peers comes 4% followed by 60% followed by 20% etc.

Would love to be able to sort trackers on status.

Would love to have multiple sort columns, or even just stable sort (e.g. sort one column, then sort another and first column order is preserved within).

These are just nice-to-haves, but, well... would be nice to have.
by Guest on 2024/08/23 05:03:26 PM    
Show a picture with file names blurred so we can see what you are talking about.
Files seem to sort proper for me in both win and linux.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server