Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Is there a way to make tixati choke peer based on peer's ratio?

by Guest on 2024/08/10 02:49:36 PM    
What's happening:
when downloading a torrent often there are peers that tend to leech aggressively. They are peers, meaning both them and me are still downloading and we both have pieces other can use. They do limit their upload speed significantly somehow i.e. downloading at 500kb and uploading at 10kb. And it doesn't seem to be anything network related, i can check that by enabling force chock on such peers manually. Their download stops and upload slowly rises 10-20x from what it was before, that's until their client choking back.
The ratio with such peers is usually around 10+ and when they have nothing else they can get from me they're usually disconnect or choke continuously.

Is there a setting to mitigate this behavior? I can do that manually by toggling force choke on and off, but it's not something i want to do. I've seen something related about using allowance but it doesn't seem to make much difference when i enable it(am i using it wrong? if it works for you, what are your settings?).

If there's a way to make this automatic choking work pleas point me in it's direction. I would imagine it could work as long as both peers have something to offer each other and don't block anything if it's just seeding going on.
by Guest on 2024/08/13 11:26:41 PM    
What you see, if they do upload, might also be someone who still use ADSL broadband, where download bandwidth is much higher than upload.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL

With ADSL you typically want to limit your upload to 90 % of the technical speed limit, not to choke the overall bandwidth.  So, if they do upload, what you see might be a technical limitation on their broadband, not a "malicious" behavior.
by Guest on 2024/08/14 12:09:56 AM    
And even if he got synchronous broadband, he might still be a better seeder overall than you, if he share a lot of material with interest for others, and you have to share his upload bandwidth with many downloader.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server