Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

RSS issue - repeatly starting unwanted downloads.

by nponoBegHuk on 2014/06/23 04:00:27 AM    
I've been using Tixati for a long time now, and find it out to be the single best piece of software on my computer right now. However, there's been an issue bugging me for some time.

I've got several RSS feeds getting torrents with certain tags from a torrent site (sorry, can't disclose details because of the rules, but will try to be clear). The feature itself works flawlessly, but sometimes unwanted torrents get grabbed - fakes, re-releases or just other files that happen to match the text I've been providing as a keyword in a RSS feed. I usually delete them right on the spot but after a week or so upon opening the programs the same unwanted torrents are added again to download queue. Apparently the program "forgets" they were previously added (and deleted) before.

I can guess, letting them download fully and then delete the file physically without removing the torrent from the list would do the trick, but can't really afford to waste my bandwidth on that. Any ideas of how to make my client ignore those torrents for good? I'm using the latest version, 1.96; windows 7 x64.

Cheers.
by Guest on 2014/06/26 01:39:20 AM    
Try editing your filter to exclude things you don't want.
by Sailor24 on 2014/06/27 01:32:15 PM    
I don't use that feature so I can't help configuring it correctly. I do know a way to prevent the program from downloading the same file you don't want again. Instead of deleting the torrent open it in the file tab and turn all files off then deleting the files. Fastest is click the top one then hold shift and click the bottom one. Right click, priority, chose off then right click again and delete will now appear choose it. Now just leave the torrent stopped. Delete the torrent once it is off the feed.
by Guest on 2014/06/28 01:41:10 AM    
I tend to avoid adding filters to RSS feed because it also increases a chance of getting an actually wanted torrent  filtered out just because it matches some of the filter rules by chance.

Nonetheless, the suggestion by Sailor24 worked like charm for the time being. You have my thanks.

Regards, Bob.
by Bugmagnet on 2014/06/28 06:48:19 AM    
I haven't used RSS yet either, but I see it has a couple auto-start options. Might you disable those auto-start commands?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server