Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Rotating slowest connection issue/bug - request

by Guest on 2024/07/25 10:44:56 PM    
Sometimes there are few seeds (say 10) and I have a connection to 7, 6 of which are giving me say 300K download and one giving me 290K download. So Tixati rotates and knocks out the slowest (290K) and replaces it with another, which could be a peer not a seed, and that one only gives say 25K download. Or a seed that is not uploading. So the rotate out slowest policy lost 200K download speed. There should be a user setting to address this, or a part of the rotation of slowest policy that says something like "If the slowest connection is less than (say) 25% of the average, then rotate else leave it alone". Or is there a "hidden" setting I can use to do this? If so, where is it, if not please consider implementing a revision of the rotation policy that doesn't have the unintended side effect of potentially dropping a high speed download connection and potentially replacing it with a slower one. Thx.
by Guest on 2024/09/06 07:33:06 PM    
I have the same issue. Say I have 5 connections giving me 500K each and one giving me 490. And no more peers or seeds available at all. So Tixati knocks off the 490 and sits around for a while then reconnects to the 490. And then knocks it off. Or if another seed comes on line connects to that one and if it only gives 50K DL goes through this cycle again. Seems obvious to me that for those who monitor our peers when torrenting that if we get a set of seeds that are giving us really good DL total speed we should be able to click a button and not rotate out the slowest. Or have a setting on the Properties/Peer tab that we can set on a per torrent basis. At then end of the day this non-option rotation policy is self-defeating for torrenting because it greatly reduces the speed with which seeds are established for a torrent. Please consider incorporating the option to disable rotation on a per torrent basis.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server