Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Feature Request] - Rare/Random seeding of my downloads

by Guest on 2024/06/18 02:14:34 PM    
I have a nice list of downloads in my Tixati.

I want to seed back to community but my broadband is very limited upload speed (compared to my download)

Is it possible to

1) Create Tixati group/category/all of my downloads
2) NEW FEATURE - Random Seeding of rare stuff
3) Tixati picks 1-2 or x downloads and enables then to SEEDING mode.
4) Tixati checks for seeders - if plenty available shut down my seeding and move on
5) Tixati enable 1-2 different SEEDING automatically
6) Tixati checks for seeders - If no seeders then I am the only one: Tixati needs to then keep alive if a user is leeching. If nothing move on.
7) Keep rotating the list so I'm efficiently using my upload for rare seeding (valuable) just not popular seeding (pointless)

Not sure what this is called or whether already possible? Any advice or tips appreciated.

Thank you
by Guest on 2024/06/18 06:37:54 PM    
You can start all torrents, and add rules to limit upload speed for torrents with many seeds. The only problem with having hundred of torrents running is long slow queue of potential peer connections which affects the startup of newly added active torrents.
by notaLamer on 2024/06/23 04:22:36 PM    
Settings - Transfers - General / Queueing - Auto-manage slots, see Details.
I think it's possible to tune this configuration to work the way you want IF you understand what it does.

I understand your pain. I have too little upload for the amount of torrents I am a single seeder in. For some torrent categories I've set the seeder limit to 10. Why not go below 5? Sometimes a single user can have 3-4 IPs. I see many Brazillians with IPv4 + 2-3 IPv6 addresses. The seeder limit stops the torrents forever. If there ever were enough peers online to trigger your stop limit, after some time they will go offline and it'd be good to recheck the limit with currently available peers. What I do is to periodically (every few months) start all paused torrents and let them see who's online, stop torrents if still over limit.

* Torrents I don't like have a lower priority and peer allowance (I believe it works as a bandwidth/priority multiplier). Like a x10 allowance means x10 of the average "fair" speed.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server