Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

*BUG* Main window stuck out of focus when adding torrents.

by Guest on 2014/06/13 01:35:21 AM    
Occasionally I will add a torrent/magnet and switch to the Tixati to start the transfer but the add torrent window does not show and the main window will be unclickable. Even hitting the X button does not register. It's not "not responding" or frozen (downloads continue) but I am unable to manipulate the window in any way and have to close it in task manager to be able to use it again. Doing that is frustrating as it often results in rechecks or having to add the torrent/magnet all over again. This has happened on multiple machines. I'm guessing somehow the add torrent window gets stuck behind the main one which would explain why I can't interact with the main one and why I'm not seeing the add torrent window when this happens.

Thanks for this amazing torrent client! Absolutely love the GUI design. It's very well thought out. I'm so glad uTorrent started getting crappy ads or I never would have found you!
by Guest on 2014/06/16 12:50:52 AM    
Did you try minimizing the window and then un-minimizing it? or hide and then show the window
by Guest on 2014/06/16 12:25:38 PM    
I am completely unable to interact with the main window in any way. That means trying to minimize or close from the taskbar icon or from the normal minimize/resize/close buttons has no effect, it's like I'm not clicking or even hovering my mouse over them. It takes no input from anywhere, yet it continues to do it's job just fine. No indication of hanging or not responding or any error at all. This behavior with the ADD TORRENTS window on top would not feel out of place at all. The add torrents window is getting stuck behind the main window, that's what's happening.
by Sailor24 on 2014/06/17 03:15:36 AM    
Try this. I never needed this for Tix but one of my encoding programs sometimes sticks. Use the "show desktop" button at the end of the taskbar, then use the Tixati taskbar button to bring it back.
by Guest on 2014/06/17 01:29:22 PM    
In Windows 7 when I open a torrent or the Tixati settings window it adds a 2nd window in the taskbar which I can use to switch between Tixati windows.
by Guest on 2014/07/01 12:54:34 PM    
I am able to reproduce this bug now! It appears that clicking a magnet link twice before the program has time to respond will cause it to "lock up".
by Guest on 2014/07/02 04:22:03 AM    
I've had this problem several times, and used many methods to overcome the problem.  A few tricks have brought the offending "add torrent" window into the foreground, but nothing consistent.  My main method of correction has become adding another torrent, make sure it is one that is highly available if you use magnet links, to ensure the add window appears.

- A
by Guest on 2014/09/10 01:34:55 PM    
I have the same problem on occasion. Like right now. Tixati is active, downloading, but window acts as if there is another active window and so I am not allowed (error bell) to click the Tixati window or change it in any way. A new magnet link pull up a window and I can initiate a new download. But main window is still stuck. Minimizing all windows shows nothing. The only way to change the situation is to kill the window in task manager.
by Guest on 2014/11/05 03:01:55 PM    
I have the same problem, but I found a solution just now while reading this thread.
Right click the Tixati icon in the taskbar area and press "Reset Windows". It brings the "Loaded Duplicate Transfers" window back to focus, and then you can discard it and continue work.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server